marcom

Announcing new product: Remote Overhead Client

Dear Folks,

I'm happy to announce, that with the latest version (3.2.0.0 as released today), a new product has also been added:

The Remote Overhead Client.

It allows you to interface with PMDG's 737NGX overhead panel and replicates it on a networked PC. It is fully functional and all switch/knob/button action is forwarded to your in-flight simulation. Also, all switches you operate in-flight, will be synchronized back to the Remote Overhead panel.

All communication is channeled through the SimServer application so you don't need to run any further software on the host system. There is also no additional performance overhead.

Similary to the Remote CDU, the unlicensed version of the Remote Overhead will allow you to view the overhead panel but nut make any changes.

You can purchase a license through SimServer. Please see the pricing thread for price details.

Go ahead and download it now: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/475478-remote-cdu-current-version/

ZJ5Y1.jpg

ZJEEA.jpg

Best Regards

Mark Foti

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Mark,

Just purchased the overhead and just one question.

Where can I find the IP address to connect the OVH to my iPad ? If I check the QR Code for the 737 NGX I see only the CDU Left and right.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Best Regards

Marc

Hi Marc,

the Remote Overhead runs on a seperate Windows PC - currently not on the iPad.

This is planned as a future function but not as of today.

So you need a networked PC to use the Remote Overhead (as stated in the ReadMe).

Best Regards

Mark

Roger ...  just seen in the ReadMe. So I'll wait the future function :)

Best Regards

Marc

Mark;

A few questions: how does the remote overhead handle lighting changes (e.g. night vs day)?  Does it respond to panel light settings?  Did you make it touch-screen friendly?

Cheers

Hi Bob,

currently, the graphics don't change.

Regarding touch functionality: I have been working on just this topic today and believe to have found a solution how to handle left/right clicks.

I would be happy to send you a version for you to try - you can still decide if you want to purchase the full version later on.

Please write me an email (foti.mark@gmail.com) if you are interested.

Best Regards

Mark

Hi Mark;

Thanks...unfortunately I don't currently have a touch-screen windows box to try it on.  I do keep looking at an all-in-one touchscreen every time I visit the local candy store, though.

Cheers

Hi Mark,

I always start my PMDG 737NGX in FSX with a 'Cold and Dark' cockpit.

When i run the OverheadClient application all the buttonlights are already burning.

While there's no Ground power and the battery toggle is in the 'off' position.

So my question is: Does that work the same in the 'Full version' of this application?

Because i like to have everything in the 'off' position in my Cold and Dark cockpit.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Ad Ording

The Netherlands

Hi Ad,

can you please post a screenshot? When connected, the Overhead Panel should replicate the same state that your in-flight panel is in - even in View Only Mode.

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for your fast reaction.

It's bedtime for me now, but i'll post a screenshot tomorrow morning.

Regards,

Ad

Mark,

Whlst we have communicated previously via PM can I please have answers to the following questions.

Is this only available for the PMDG737, if so, have you plans to expand to Xplane and to other aircraft, specifically the IFLY 737 for P3Dv4?

I am still in OZ and anticipate returning to my flightsim computer in Indonesia approximately 10 August .

Thanks mate

Tony Chilcott 

Hi Tony,

yes, this is currently only available for the PMDG 737.

As to other aircraft, I haven't decided on this. It takes a lot of work to create the necessary graphics, even if the underlying base technology is already there. I will evaluate this during the next few weeks.

Regards

Mark

11 hours ago, marcom said:

Hi Ad,

can you please post a screenshot? When connected, the Overhead Panel should replicate the same state that your in-flight panel is in - even in View Only Mode.

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

I've send you an e-mail with the screenshot because i don't know how to post the screenshot here.

Regards,

Ad

Thanks Ad.

In the meantime, I've had a look at Ad's report and this was a bug in the older PMDG 737 NGX. PMDG recently released new installers (not only for P3Dv4 but also FSX) which fixes this issue.

So anyone else seeing this - just update to the latest version (you'll need to uninstall and reinstall the NGX).

Regards

Mark

Mark,

Thanks mate,

I will either be in touch or be buying on my return to Indonesia. I appreciated your swift response.

egards

Tony

Mark

I was wondering, does simserver run/install on only the main flight sim PC or can I run it on a client PC like I do for Active Sky 2016 with P3Dv4?

If it must exist on the main flight sim PC that P3Dv4 is installed on is their software that gets installed on the client PC to access the overhead panel? Does all the interfacing with knobs and switches function the same as it would on the PMDG overhead panel i.e. clicks and wheel turns etc..?

I guess I'm basically wondering if this is a networked app (both the CDU and Overhead) that runs on a client PC or if it actually runs on the main flight sim PC server and just outputs to a client PC and an iPad in the case of the CDU.

Thanks in advance

Joe

9 hours ago, joepoway said:

Mark

I was wondering, does simserver run/install on only the main flight sim PC or can I run it on a client PC like I do for Active Sky 2016 with P3Dv4?

If it must exist on the main flight sim PC that P3Dv4 is installed on is their software that gets installed on the client PC to access the overhead panel? Does all the interfacing with knobs and switches function the same as it would on the PMDG overhead panel i.e. clicks and wheel turns etc..?

I guess I'm basically wondering if this is a networked app (both the CDU and Overhead) that runs on a client PC or if it actually runs on the main flight sim PC server and just outputs to a client PC and an iPad in the case of the CDU.

Thanks in advance

Joe

Hi Joe,

yes, SimServer.exe must run on the sam PC where flight sim is running. SimServer is responsible of gathering all information and then supplying it over the network. The CPU usage is low and doesn't really increase regardless of how many clients are connected (so CDUs and Overhead panels).

The Remote Overhead Client is an executable which runs on a seperate PC in the network. You can try it out for free (all switches and knobs are clickable, they just don't affect anything in the sim).

I hope this answers your questions.

Regards

Mark

My Overhead panel display on a remote computer  sems to be connected but the fuctions are reverse

When I Make an action on the remote nothing happen on the Overhead of PMDG

When I maque an action on tne PMDG the remote overhead reacts

How can I fix it

Thank you

1 minute ago, ckdo93 said:

My Overhead panel display on a remote computer  sems to be connected but the fuctions are reverse

When I Make an action on the remote nothing happen on the Overhead of PMDG

When I maque an action on tne PMDG the remote overhead reacts

How can I fix it

Thank you

Well, did you pay for a full license?

if not, then everything is behaving as it should.

Please check the manual on how to request a full license.

Regards

Mark