Eziocin

P3D V4 Addon Organizer randomly changing sceneries priority

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I have recently installed this excellent tool, but I am finding out that it randomly reshuffles the sceneries priority. Am I missing something in the set up or in the way it works ?

Thanks

 

Ezio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

sorry, never heard of this before - can you give me a specific example where you are seeing what - and what you are doing inbetween? Are you using any other tools or simulator dialogs that may influence addon organization?

Best regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Oliver, having the same issue. Started in version 1.04, but has continued in 1,05, but more severe. Now putting new additions right to the bottom ie below Prepare 3D scenery. Sometimes new additions are hard to find. Currently at 352 layers.

 

If I try to edit to change layer number, I get an unhandled exception and I have close the app.

Edit: Now puts airports at Layer=0

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

Hi Oliver, having the same issue. Started in version 1.04, but has continued in 1,05, but more severe. Now putting new additions right to the bottom ie below Prepare 3D scenery. Sometimes new additions are hard to find. Currently at 352 layers.

 

If I try to edit to change layer number, I get an unhandled exception and I have close the app.

Edit: Now puts airports at Layer=0

Hello,

I am a total newbie so please bear with me.  I was also having added scenery placed at the bottom after the inactive Prepar3D Scenery.  When I selected edit I got the following unhandled exception:

 

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '0' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
   at P3DV4AddonOrganizer.EditScenery.Initialize()
   at P3DV4AddonOrganizer.MainDialog.bEditScenery_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

 

However, I can move the entry to the top by manually clicking the up button repeatedly and once the entry is at the top I can then successfully edit like normal.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @ll,

From what you are writing I can see two different issues:
 
1. New scenery is added with layer number 0. This is an error on the "Add scenery" dialog. Sorry about that, I don't know how this happened. The new element is added to the list at the wrong end. The result is that the new scenery is below the root tag, and that you cannot edit it (there is no layer 0, hence the exception which should never happen)
-> Corrected with 1.06 which is available for download now
 
2. Scenery elements "randomly shuffeling": I still don't understand this issue - what do I have to do to see it and what am I looking for?
 
Best regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

2. Scenery elements "randomly shuffeling": I still don't understand this issue - what do I have to do to see it and what am I looking for?

Instead of going to the top, the new addon may appear half way down the list. I have found new addons in between my freemesh, and have had to shuffle things around. Not sure if this related to my post above, I am not sure.

Edit: all seems to be good now. Thanks for 1.06.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello

have the same problem

i need to have my airport above the city, but into the program i place like it should be, and save. i close the program, but when i start the airport is below the city and it s not good

how to do?.

plus, when i expand all the scenery place in addon.xml, they have all the same layer 158, maybe it s my problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, grandfred29 said:

plus, when i expand all the scenery place in addon.xml, they have all the same layer 158, maybe it s my problem

In this case, the sceneries will appear in the order that they are read from the xml files.Try to use the Up/Down buttons to rearrange the XML sceneries so that they have a sequential layer order.

I wonder how this happend though. Normally a new XML scenery entry should get the next highest layer number - at least with the new 1.06 that is the case now... (there was a bug inbetween versions).

Best regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lorby_SI said:

In this case, the sceneries will appear in the order that they are read from the xml files.Try to use the Up/Down buttons to rearrange the XML sceneries so that they have a sequential layer order.

i ve tried it but when i save all appear like before save

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, grandfred29 said:

339627Capture2.png835732Capture1.png

I see, you are layering the XML inside the scenery.cfg.

What you are seeing in these pictures is normal in the current state of things. XML definitions have to have the same layer number that the scenery.cfg entry directly above them has. The XML sceneries with the same layer number are read in the order that they appear in the XML file, and the XML themselves are in the order that they have in the corresponding cfg.

I will have to think about it for a while, I am not sure if something can be done about this at all - the P3D specification doesn't cover this situation.

Currently the only way would be to relocate the scenery.cfg entries to XMLs too, then you can layer them correctly - or the other way round. In your case I would move Madeira X and PortoSanto to XML files too, and move the whole lot above the last entry of the scenry.cfg. Then the layering will be sequential.

Which, btw is what I do. My scenery.cfg contains only the default scenery and ORBX - everything else I put into XML files, no matter where it was installed. That way I avoid these issues that you are experiencing.

Best regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.06 appears to have fixed the issue with addon scenery getting put at the bottom.. however.. if you click edit scenery, change the scenery layer from say 127 to 130.. click save.. go back in, the 127 is still there.. if you just click the up / down arrows.. click save.. it does save the new layer.. 

Any reason why direct editing of the layer value is not working?

Also.. the sode error i was getting (.net compiler error due to insufficient rights not running as admin).. is now gone, provided i uninstall sode and install on the other drive instead.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, theskyisthelimit said:

1.06 appears to have fixed the issue with addon scenery getting put at the bottom.. however.. if you click edit scenery, change the scenery layer from say 127 to 130.. click save.. go back in, the 127 is still there.. if you just click the up / down arrows.. click save.. it does save the new layer.. 

Any reason why direct editing of the layer value is not working?

Fixed with version 1.07 which is ready for download

Best regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Fixed with version 1.07 which is ready for download

Best regards

Awesome, thanks and thanks for the great tool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Version 1.15 is doing it now. I try to change the order of the add on scenery, but when I hit Save the scenery returns to it's previous position. Sane as noted above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now