Sign in to follow this  

Separation of the Screen-Shot Forum

I'm beginning to think the screen-shot  forum is to small for all brands and types of flight-sim.  Because of this, users of one brand (XP11) are hogging the entire forum with multiple entries by individuals pushing other postings off the front page within hours. Why waste your time at this site with no considerations of other's since screen-shots require time creating, editing and uploading to a 3rd party (sometimes very difficult at some sites). My suggestion for 2017 are the following categories under the Screen Shots, Videos & The Gallery banner:

1.) MS/Lockheed-Martin

2.) XP10/11

3.) Dovetail

I hope this is not a far-out idea and it should be placed under consideration, Darryl

Thanks for the suggestion but adding more forums is not the solution.  What do you think of the X-Plane users who were "pushed out" of the screenshot forum with hundreds and hundreds of FSX and P3D screenshots.  Splitting it up by sim would simply allow users to post screenshots of FSX in the X-Plane forum and vice-versa and we have already had issues with some members using X-Plane going into the P3D Forum and telling them how much greater X-Plane is and P3D users are going into the X-Plane forum and doing the same thing and really getting members upset.  The screenshot forum is the screenshot forum.  Screenshots of your flights no matter what sim you are using.  If you do not indicate, many members will provide accolades and ask what sim, what add-ons were used.  I have already suggested in my pinned topic in that forum that members indicate the sim, the location where the shots were taken, and information about the add-ons.

1 hour ago, AA777-223 said:

users of one brand (XP11) are hogging the entire forum

At one time, this was not a problem as there were not as many XP users.  I am personally happy to see we now have multiple sims that members are enjoying.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Now I've found a suitable alternative to p*********t, I must post more FSX:SE screenies! :dry::biggrin:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I have been an FSX user for years, yet I always liked to look at P3D and X-Plane screenshots in the AVSIM Screen Shots and video gallery in the past. Now I mainly use X-Plane, besides AF2 and FSW. However, I always like to look at P3D shots as well. What is the problem in looking at screenshots from different platforms? There is always something to learn from platforms you're not using at the moment. 

Moreover, please note that all X-Plane shot threads I have seen lately in the Topic list carry the (XP) indication within the title. While this is not exactly a tag, it works like a tag. If you are really not interested to see any shots from XP, simply skip those threads. 

• Upvote 2

I agree with barrel_owl , if not interested just skip them. I do the same, i skip p3d shots

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

On 22/07/2017 at 8:35 PM, Jim Young said:

If you do not indicate, many members will provide accolades and ask what sim, what add-ons were used.

Jim, please make it a requirement to state what add-ons are in use in the shots.

I see some fantastic shots but have no idea what add-ons were used to get the sim looking that good.