Sign in to follow this  
alex98

NGX behaviour post updates

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

I am seeing something new with the NGX during manual turns. This happened along with the bunch of new installers we've got recently, everything was fine before.

Passing 20° of bank, the plane gets out of coordination for one second then gets back coordinated. It feels like kind of kick which does not seem/feel right.

Just to be complete, I fly without autocoordination, no weather program or FSUIPC. Just wondering if anybody experienced something similar and what was the most probable cause for this to happen. Again, I fly the NGX regularly and had never experienced this before.

Happy flying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

54 minutes ago, alex98 said:

Hello everyone,

I am seeing something new with the NGX during manual turns. This happened along with the bunch of new installers we've got recently, everything was fine before.

Passing 20° of bank, the plane gets out of coordination for one second then gets back coordinated. It feels like kind of kick which does not seem/feel right.

Just to be complete, I fly without autocoordination, no weather program or FSUIPC. Just wondering if anybody experienced something similar and what was the most probable cause for this to happen. Again, I fly the NGX regularly and had never experienced this before.

Happy flying

Lag before the yaw damper kicking in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please read my post called "Is this normal? Turning behaviour" a bit below here. Sounds like same problem. But since you say you dont use weather programm im surprised. Since something i did there fixed it. Is it the same as you see in vid? Just out of couriosity.... 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SaenchaySor said:

Please read my post called "Is this normal? Turning behaviour" a bit below here. Sounds like same problem. But since you say you dont use weather programm im surprised. Since something i did there fixed it. Is it the same as you see in vid? Just out of couriosity.... 

 

 

Hi,

I saw your topic and watched the video, it does not seem to be the same thing.

Best regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

Lag before the yaw damper kicking in?

Hi,

That was my impression. It used to be a smooth and perfectly coordinated. Now it feels like there is a lag and it is definetly not smooth.

I forgot to say this is the FSX version.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, alex98 said:

Hi,

That was my impression. It used to be a smooth and perfectly coordinated. Now it feels like there is a lag and it is definetly not smooth.

I forgot to say this is the FSX version.

Cheers

I'm no NG pilot so I won't be able to tell you how the yaw damper reacts on the real thing, we'll need to wait for a NG pilot or PMDG to respond

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The yaw damper was never capable of providing "perfectly" coordinated turns especially with large aileron deflections.  That isn't its job, which is primarily to dampen dutch roll effects.  Also, simulator pilots are often mistaken when they think a slight deviation of the slip skid indicator is something that is not normal, it is perfectly normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this