Sign in to follow this  
samwheeler

Aerosoft CRJ

Can you generate a Report file from the Preferences and send it to us via email?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Keven,

Did you find the root to this problem in he previous threads? I can't delete the Hotkeyselect=1 file as it appears locked by the developer.  CP is only not working with the CRJ.  I have the same problem as AirplaneGuru84.... Any ideas on a fix for this issue?

Thanks

John

We have not found any difference between the CRJ or any other aircraft. The process works on my end and for a lot of people too. I just cannot figure out why it's not working for some people.

Can you explain in more detail "I can't delete the Hotkeyselect=1 file as it appears locked by the developer." Are you talking about the line of or the actual cfg file that is locked?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hey Keven,

I'm talking about the actual line of the Hotkeyselect=1  line in the cfg file...it won't let me save after I delete the line...the msg says....  "you do not have permission to open this file.  See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission........hope that gives some guidance for you....John 

I can sen a report file.  what email address should I send it to?

Hi Keven

Just to add further to the same problem, after update to CRJ v1.0.1.0 today, in both P3D v3.4 and P3d v4, the Chaseplane camera system for this aircraft has gone haywire similar to previous posts.  The inboard cameras views are fixed at a default value, and will not alter.  When I click on the first of the outside views, the screen flashes rapidly for a second or so, then settles to the correct outside view.   I can then change between outside views correctly but going back to inboard views, nothing works and I get the same default view.    The other very odd thing is that if I try to use the key assignments to move around the screen, when in inboard view mode,  they do not do what is defined in the Control Assignements,  For example, left and right arrow keys are supposed to move left and right, but they rotate left and right instead.  However, in outside view, the keys work correctly as defined in the assignments.    All other aircraft  appear to be unaffected, at least from the quick sample I checked.  There is something weird happening with this  aircraft!    I think the system worked OK before the upgrades, but I did not check it out thoroughly as I have been away from this aircraft updating other items.

Regards

Keith

Regards

Keith Bowler

Hi Keven

After some further experimentation, I discovered that the inboard views can be made to work if you load a default aircraft, "Piper Cub", for example, then the CRJ.   However, if you then go to an outside view (no flashing views this time) and then try to go back to an inboard view, the inboard views no longer work and we are back to the fault condition.     Also, I notice that If you press "A" or "S" during the initial phase when the views work., this also causes the same problem.   Normally with other aircraft, after pressing "A" or "S", you can get back to the Chaseplane internal views by choosing one of the Chaseplane inboard presets, but not with the CRJ.     Any clues here?

Oh, by the way, deleting the cache has no effect.

Regards

Keith

Regards

Keith Bowler

The issue seems to be with the aircraft.cfg file being locked from modifications. If the file is locked and cannot be modified by ChasePlane, it will not work.

Make sure the file can be edited by a regular text editor for ChasePlane to work with it.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi  Keven

I checked both aircraft.cfg files (for CRJ 700 and 900) with Notepad.   I entered dummy info at bottom of the first one, and saved without problem.  I then cleaned this dummy info out, and resaved OK.   For the CRJ 900, I just saved the original on top of itself, again without problem and so both files were not locked.  When I re-started P3D v4, I got the usual Chaseplane re-configuration information for these two aircraft.  When I checked the inboard views, they worked perfectly for both aircraft!   I rebooted, checked again, defined a new inboard view, and checked the key assignments.  They all worked as they should.  Do not ask me why it worked, but it obviously has.  Thanks for your help.

Regard

Keith

Regards

Keith Bowler

We found an issue with the cache file that caused the issue discussed in this thread. The next update will contain a fix for that but in the meantime, if you have to reinstall the CRJ, make sure you remove the cp_cache file from the ChasePlane folder to ensure CP catches the change in configuration.

Thank you everyone for their explanation of the issue, it helped us a lot to find and fix it!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

On 02/08/2017 at 7:31 PM, Keven Menard said:

Try removing the cache file located in the ChasePlane folder. Let me know if that fixes it for you!

Hi Keven,

First of all congratulations for pretty well done development working of ChasePlane !

Yes.....the problem was fixed as you have recommended above.

Warmly,

Marco Aurélio