Sign in to follow this  
Lerbech

The wonderful lady - PMDG MD11

Ohhh, I'm a happy man. Found her on an old harddrive a month ago. Thought she was lost. Tried to install her in Prepar3d v3.4 - despite license issues, as reported from many to be possible. Outcome was extreme bad fps despite a lot of tweaking. Not flyable. Then I installed FSX again on a SSHD I had in spare, installed the PMDG MD11 and since then I have been in the skies with this bird. Nothing else than scenaries on this harddrive.

On ground at EKCH (scenary from FlyTampa) with ORBX (not vector) and Mytraffic running and fps around 45-50. In midair I'm wropping around 100 fps. What an experience.  I'm a happy man.

I7-4790K 4.00 GHz
Windows 10 64bit
16 Gb ram
EVGA Geforce GTX970 superclocked acx 2.0

Tweaked NvidiaInspector a bit and added HighMemFix=1 and AffinityMask=84 to FSX.cfg

Bottomline: If you have the pmdg MD11 and have switch to Prepar3D. Do not spend time with prepar3D v3.4 trying to get this bird back into the skies. Find a hardrive, install FSX and what you need and fly.

Jan Nissen

I flew the MD-11 for many MANY miles on v3 without any issues. It was my favourite heavy and it's the one i miss the most now in v4.

Such a shame nobody picks her up for a revamp :(

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.7GHz · 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3800 14-15-12 · nVidia RTX2080Ti · Gigabyte x570i WiFi PRO · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2 SATA · LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz GSYNC · NZXT H210i · Fully Watercooled · Seasonic Core 650W 80+ GOLD

38.jpg

1 hour ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Such a shame nobody picks her up for a revamp :(

Agreed.  For me, the systems are absolutely perfect, as is the modelling.  Literally the only thing I'd love to see PMDG do (I know it will never happen) is a re-texturing of the VC, using today's modern technologies (baking, etc) at 4096 resolution so the text is perfectly crisp and readable. And I reckon she'd be good as new!

• Upvote 2

Bill (JYW)

XP11 ~ P3D ~ FSX:SE

Moved this topic from the Microsoft Flight forum.  Technically this should be in the PMDG forum but some of the respondents don't have their full names shown and that is required by PMDG.

This move should get more participation in this forum.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals