Jac_49

Black Marble Base for P3Dv4 released

I just downloaded and installed Black Marble Base for P3D v4.

Did a short flight at Vancouver CYVR area. Night scenery looks very nice and I did not noticed any impact on my FPS.

Regards Jac

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

48 minutes ago, Jac_49 said:

I just downloaded and installed Black Marble Base for P3D v4.

Did a short flight at Vancouver CYVR area. Night scenery looks very nice and I did not noticed any impact on my FPS.

Regards Jac

only the base files are out.  I think hes uploading vector and the others now.  

ok mate... like I said above only the base one is out.

Thanks! But what exactly is black marble? Is it a global night lighting system? If so how will it work with ftx vector? will the 2 conflict? Will wait and see more reviews, but I'm interested in the product.

Hrmmm, so black marble is a global night lighting addon. Its what Taburet night lights is but on a global scale right? How's the coverage for other parts of the world, such as Asia? Is it pretty accurate?

2 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Hrmmm, so black marble is a global night lighting addon. Its what Taburet night lights is but on a global scale right? How's the coverage for other parts of the world, such as Asia? Is it pretty accurate?

correct

Heres London video

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/164595750

30 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Thanks! But what exactly is black marble? Is it a global night lighting system? If so how will it work with ftx vector? will the 2 conflict? Will wait and see more reviews, but I'm interested in the product.

Their website will explain it. Yes its global and when I asked the question about ORBX vector the dev said no conflict, you can turn ORBX vector off but I dont know if that means that I need to turn ORBX vector off before using black marble or what.

33 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Yes, that's a question I wonder, too. What will happen if I use UTXv2 with all roads and UTX lights? :unsure:

Patric

4 minutes ago, tooting said:

London

2017-8-5_11-47-10-974.jpg

2017-8-5_11-47-18-920.jpg

2017-8-5_11-47-52-759.jpg

apart from the orange the rest looks a lot like ORBX night light to me

38 minutes ago, captain420 said:

It replaces the default nightlighting system and looks way better. All lights are configurable.

Vector makes all roads in the world visible at their correct places.

Traffic adds car traffic. All car lights are configurable.

It is not compatible with FTX or UTX lighting. And it looks much better and more realistic.

How large is the download? I am interested in seeing night lighting in the following areas and surrounding if any of you can share them:

VTBS

VHHH

RKSI

RJTT

RCTP

VVTS

7 minutes ago, GSalden said:

It is not compatible with FTX or UTX lighting. And it looks much better and more realistic.

OK, in case of using UTXv2 I would need to disable UTXv2 lights completely and all roads within the UTX interface?

Patric

K seems from reading their product page that its pretty much a complete vector replacement, including road networks, etc. So I guess there's no use for OrbX Vector if one decides to use blackmarble?

2 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Hi Aaron,

Yes it is.

I did not have time yet to test it on a long flight or different areas (only Vancouver CYVR and Kennedy KJFK  areas. I downloaded and installed Black Marble Base this morning.

But it looks great  and accurate around New York City area and Vancouver areaduring night.

I am waiting for Black Marble Vector, bridges and traffic add on packets, those are not released yet (will be released today)

So far i am realy happy, i see no remarkable impact on FPS (set at 30 FPS limited), and P3D V4 is running smooth.

Download & installation Black Marble Base without any problems, I used the standard configuration file as suplied.

Regards Jac

4 minutes ago, Jac_49 said:

Hi Aaron,

Yes it is.

I did not have time yet to test it on a long flight or different areas (only Vancouver CYVR and Kennedy KJFK  areas. I downloaded and installed Black Marble Base this morning.

But it looks great  and accurate around New York City area and Vancouver areaduring night.

I am waiting for Black Marble Vector, bridges and traffic add on packets, those are not released yet (will be released today)

So far i am realy happy, i see no remarkable impact on FPS (set at 30 FPS limited), and P3D V4 is running smooth.

Download & installation Black Marble Base without any problems, I used the standard configuration file as suplied.

Regards Jac

same... i have orbx vector but have bought base,vector and bridges (im not a fan of ai cars)  do i need to change anything in the orbx vector settings ?  control panel 3 etc etc ??

I'd love to see a comparison between Black Marble lighting and Vector lighting.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, pscharff said:

OK, in case of using UTXv2 I would need to disable UTXv2 lights completely and all roads within the UTX interface?

Patric

Correct