Sign in to follow this  
Jac_49

Black Marble Base for P3Dv4 released

What happens if you add BM Vector? I'm kinda confused between the difference between all the packages. I'm already using ORBX Vector. Will it make a huge difference if I get BM Base+Vector+Bridge+Traffic AI?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

So its either you use Orbx Vector or BM Vector, not both? If you get the entire BM package then I guess you have to completely remove OrbX vector then?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

7 minutes ago, captain420 said:

So its either you use Orbx Vector or BM Vector, not both? If you get the entire BM package then I guess you have to completely remove OrbX vector then?

The dev really needs to address this. 

ZORAN

Been reading up after jac pointed me at the forum and it seems black marble replaces the roads and lighting in orbx with more accurate roads and bridges but leaves the other vector stuff there. So you still need orbx vector or utx for coastlines, rivers, streams etc and black marble gives you roads and much better night lighting out to the horizon which orbx doesn't.

Chris

4 hours ago, captain420 said:

4 hours ago, zmak said:

The dev really needs to address this. 

Read this thread here: there are issues Chris is trying to fix: https://forums.chrisbelldesigns.com/topic/348-is-this-how-ftx-vector-should-be-set-up/

Eric 

4 hours ago, tutmeister said:

much better night lighting out to the horizon which orbx doesn't.

Chris

I am not getting night lighting out to the horizon so I must have something not set correctly,

anyone have any ideas why?

Nick Sciortino

I'm not getting lights at all.

Either I'm missing something simple which is probably the case, or this app isn't ready for prime time.
I run photoscenery exclusively and have not opened FTX central.
I attempted a test flight from KSEA > KSFO, base profile, autogen distance and buildings set to medium.
I get yellow dashes on roads and orange on larger freeways (?) departing KSEA. No lights.
Is this designed to work with photoscenery? I use Megascenery and UltimateVFR.

Thanks,
Mark

48 minutes ago, newtie said:

I'm not getting lights at all.

Either I'm missing something simple which is probably the case, or this app isn't ready for prime time.
I run photoscenery exclusively and have not opened FTX central.
I attempted a test flight from KSEA > KSFO, base profile, autogen distance and buildings set to medium.
I get yellow dashes on roads and orange on larger freeways (?) departing KSEA. No lights.
Is this designed to work with photoscenery? I use Megascenery and UltimateVFR.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark - Black Marble is a landclass based product so it would not work with photoscenery.  His other Night Environment products are designed for photoreal but only certain regions are available.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

That's what I was afraid of. Shoulda checked that out prior to jumping into this. Oh well, helps the local economy I guess :biggrin:

Thanks Eric.

Mark

Hi Everyone,

Here is Black Marble with Vector, quick approach into klga

• Upvote 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

7 minutes ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

Hi Everyone,

Here is Black Marble with Vector, quick approach into klga

But it is without Orbx stuff isn't it Mike ?

Carsten U

Hi,

Nope I have orbx Base, L/C and NA installed with B/M. All I did was uncheck all the boxes under orbx configuration / settings for ROAD. That's now controlled by Black Marble.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck