captain420

Land texture showing up as water?

I never seen this before, but not sure what's wrong. This is taking off from PHKO, off the east side of the big island in Hawaii. Where there's suppose to be land, I see water instead. But you can't tell from the picture alone, but when I fly and look at it, the water will load back n forth with different textures, sometimes land, sometimes water. But it's suppose to be all land. I tried to delete my shaders, that didn't work. I'm not sure if ENVTEX has anything to do with this? Although I did a restore to my backup textures, and still the same. I am using FTX Global Textures, with openLC and Vector as well. This is the first time I've witnessed this strange problem.

2017-8-17_1-17-46-671.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This usually happens if your terrain.cfg is messed up or scenery library order is wrong I believe.

try rerunning the Orbx LCLookup migration from FTX central settings/troubleshooting section.

Wills, I already did that. I did a force migration in FTX Central, and still the same.

I just recently discovered exactly that problem on Oahu, just east of NPS, and west of PHJR. Haven't gone into extensive testing yet, but at the moment I think openLC might be the culprit.

You have the same exact issue as me? What I tried was renaming my terrain.cfg to let P3D create a new one and that fixed the problem... but then the problem came back after I ran the Airport Elevation Correction tool in FTX Central. Seems like it creates entries into the terrain.cfg that messes up the scenery again.

MatthewLee that sounds like the exact problem I'm having, where textures are randomly morphing and loading. I will give that a shot tomorrow and see if it works. Thanks for the link.

Tried the fix as mentioned above and it's still the same. :( Any ideas? This is the only area that I've noticed that this happens.

9 hours ago, captain420 said:

This is taking off from PHKO, off the east side of the big island in Hawaii.

PHKO Kailua-Kona is on the west side of the island. Do you mean PHTO Hilo which is on the east side? I'll look and check if I see the same issue.

1 minute ago, bills511 said:

PHKO Kailua-Kona is on the west side of the island. Do you mean PHTO Hilo which is on the east side? I'll look and check if I see the same issue.

Sorry, you're right. I meant the west side.

Just now, captain420 said:

Sorry, you're right. I meant the west side.

I'm loading up the sim now. I see what looks like lava flows in the background. They look like rivers and blue?

Yes, exactly, its not suppose to be water there. It's wrong.

3 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Yes, exactly, its not suppose to be water there. It's wrong.

I'm seeing the same thing.

Could you please post a screenshot? I'd like to confirm if we're talking about the same issue.

6 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Could you please post a screenshot? I'd like to confirm if we're talking about the same issue.

There are a couple blotches further north that don't belong there. I checked on google earth. This issue shows up with ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1 turned on in the scenery library.

Kmx5wzl.jpg

Yes, exactly the same problem I'm having! I see I'm not the only one with this strange issue. Could you tell me what add-ons you have currently installed and running? Let's see if we can pinpoint as to what is causing this weird behavior.

3 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Yes, exactly the same problem I'm having! I see I'm not the only one with this strange issue. Could you tell me what add-ons you have currently installed and running? Let's see if we can pinpoint as to what is causing this weird behavior.

All Orbx products (ObjectFlow 2 Open Beta) & FSDT Kailua-Kona. I'll check over at Orbx and see if this is issue is mentioned.

You're running pretty much the same add-ons as me. Something is causing this to happen. I see another person on OrbX is having the same exact issue as well!

Thanks for bringing this issue up.

I was/am having same problem since the Object Flow 2.0 introduction.

I followed the instructions from the Orbx link and I think it fixed it, although I only tested it with one flight.

I'll return if I see the problem again.

40 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

Thanks for bringing this issue up.

I was/am having same problem since the Object Flow 2.0 introduction.

I followed the instructions from the Orbx link and I think it fixed it, although I only tested it with one flight.

I'll return if I see the problem again.

3 hours ago, captain420 said:

You're running pretty much the same add-ons as me. Something is causing this to happen. I see another person on OrbX is having the same exact issue as well!

Uninstall then reinstall, then run vector. This works.

OiVY4d3.jpg

• Upvote 1

Bill thanks for that! I will give this a try... When you say run vector. Do you mean to run the Airport Elevation Correction tool again, or do you mean something else?

11 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Bill thanks for that! I will give this a try... When you say run vector. Do you mean to run the Airport Elevation Correction tool again, or do you mean something else?

Yeah, run AEC. Always run AEC after installing sceneries.

Edited by bills511

Hi,

I really like Free Mesh X 2.0. However, I have experienced serious texture morphing issues as the land textures mixed with water and other landclass. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall orbx and FTX vectors but not helping. I would like to you explain where I should place Freemeshx in the scenery libary. Currently I place it under Orbx airports and LC, but above Orbx Vector and default sceneries and cities. Please advise if this is correct.

Thanks,
Nic

On 10/6/2017 at 10:58 PM, nicboyGS said:

Hi,

I really like Free Mesh X 2.0. However, I have experienced serious texture morphing issues as the land textures mixed with water and other landclass. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall orbx and FTX vectors but not helping. I would like to you explain where I should place Freemeshx in the scenery libary. Currently I place it under Orbx airports and LC, but above Orbx Vector and default sceneries and cities. Please advise if this is correct.

Thanks,
Nic

Didn't you post on another thread.

Its not the mesh its a corrupted terrain.cfg file most likely and or lclookup.

Get yourself over the Orbx forums and search for those issues, there are solutions posted and pinned over there to sort this out for you.