GACSavannah

would some one please explain this to ME before i delete x-plane???

WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY I NEED TO REAUTHORIZE MY X-PLANE PURCHACE OF X-PLANE EVERY FEW WEEKS????????????????

I HAVE SPENT THE LAST HOUR AND A HALF TRYING TO REAUTHOORIZE MY PURCHASE, AND HAVE MET WITH TOTAL FAILURE. IT FAILS TO ACCEPT ANY PASSWORD I HAVE USED WITH XAVIATION. I AM TOTALLY FED UP, AND ABOUT TO DELETE THIS ENTIRE DAMX PROGRAM. I UNDERSTAND PROTECTING FROM PIRACY BUT THIS IS REDICULOUS. PLEASE SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS BEFORE I GIVE UP AND JUST TOTALLY DELETE THIS NOW WORTHLESS PIECE OF JUNK THAT I PAID FOR BUT THAT REFUSES TO ALLOW ME TO USE IT.....

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't know why you are having such problems and screaming. I keep an excel spreadsheet with my flight simulator purchases and their keys. When xplane asks for the key, I copy and paste the key. It's not that big of a deal. And I don't buy anything from x aviation anymore because of account issues. 

If it's the X-Plane serial number for me it's already prepopulated with the number even when it asks. I just have to hit continue and she's good to go. 

Don't know if that's the case with you?

I think the problem here is NOT X-Plane but the add-on you purchased from X-Aviation as they have quite tight controls which is unfortunate. 

I suggest removing whatever it was you bought from X-Aviation from your X-Plane install and then try a flight with a default plane. If you have no further issue you know it is the X-Aviation add-on and can log an issue with that publisher or just decide not to use anything from them. 

I have read several similar posts about having to reauthorise purchases and the frustration caused so have not bought anything from them. I pretty much stick to  using just from the Org store. 

What was the add-on you bought from them? If it was the DC-3 there is an EXCELLENT alternative from VSkyLabs

>When xplane asks for the key, I copy and paste the key

Yes, so do I. Unfortunately, I have still wasted over an hour trying to get the program to accept what I know is a correct password. This is not the first time this has happened, which is exactly what has led me to this point where I am on the edge of just deleting this thing and giving up.

>I think the problem here is NOT X-Plane but the add-on you purchased from X-Aviation

it is not an add on that I purchased that is refusing to allow me to use X-Plane, it is X-Plane itself. I have the log-on , I have the password, I have the receipt, but still I am forbidden from using the program because it refuses to accept any password, even though we have been through this same exercise a number of times over the past couple of months. I do thank you for your input

I thought I was having this issue a few weeks with a screen poping up requesting for password and serial number. I tthought it was Xplane but it turned out be Carenado and the new 1900d I bought. I couldnt tell the difference between Xplane and Carenado reg screen. First Carenado purchase in Xplane. Thiught it was Xplane and sent in a ticket before finally figuring out what was prompting me.

1 hour ago, GACSavannah said:

it is not an add on that I purchased that is refusing to allow me to use X-Plane, it is X-Plane itself. I have the log-on , I have the password, I have the receipt, but still I am forbidden from using the program because it refuses to accept any password, even though we have been through this same exercise a number of times over the past couple of months. I do thank you for your input

I don't recall X-Plane asking for a user name and password for registration. It only asks for your licence key IIRC. It might help if you post a screenshot so we can see exactly what you mean. 

You mentioned that you were trying username and password for X-Aviation who is a vendor for 3rd party add-ons. Hence my suggestion to remove that add-on first, try a default plane and see if you experience the same issue. If not you have your answer.  

I understand you're frustrated so I recommend going for a walk or something before coming back to tackle this again (works for me, or I go play with my dog) and post a screenshot of the issue so we can be 100% certain of exactly what you're having an issue with. 

As others have mentioned, this sounds like xAviation activation and not X-Plane. I suggest you contact their support.

• Upvote 2