Sign in to follow this  
tanker

ILS Approach

Hi,

Is anyone else having problems with autopilot ILS appraoch? I've only done 2 flights so far, but both times the autopilot did not follow the approach course or glideslope. This with the GPS off and both Nav coms set to the ILS approach frequency, and both times I was on the glide path well before the glideslope intercept. (Rwy 5 at KRDU and Rwy 24L at Kday).

Dale

Dale

Not sure what you mean by both Nav coms set...

Only the NAV1 radio (in the GPS) steers the autopilot.

Does the HSI show the glideslope and localizer?

And is the autopilot set to APR?  :blush:

Bert

I just did another flight into KRMN, and the autopilot followed the ILS perfectly. I can't say I did anything differently, so I will have to go back and try the KDAY approach again.

On the previous approaches, I was in NAV mode and the autopilot set to APR. The NAV2 shows the glidepath and glideslope if the approach frequency is entered. A nice cross reference, but you are correct that only NAV1 is linked to the autopilot.

Dale

Dale

I was just wondering what you mean when you refer to the 'Glidepath' as opposed to the 'Glideslope'? I have yet to purchase the Ovation so I'm interested in any glaring potential problems!

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

I'd guess that 'The NAV2 shows the glidepath and glideslope if the approach frequency is entered' was a typo as it doesn't make sense.

Should have been 'The NAV2 shows the glidepath and localizer if the approach frequency is entered'

If I am set up for an approach with APR armed, it will intercept the LOC, but once the glideslope is intercepted, the APR disengages. Something about the autopilot isn't right because it always disengages APR mode the moment any glideslope is intercepted: ILS, GPS LPV, vertical track decent. PS: I'm using the F1 GTN 750 version. Anyone had this issue?

3 hours ago, rightseat said:

If I am set up for an approach with APR armed, it will intercept the LOC, but once the glideslope is intercepted, the APR disengages. Something about the autopilot isn't right because it always disengages APR mode the moment any glideslope is intercepted: ILS, GPS LPV, vertical track decent. PS: I'm using the F1 GTN 750 version. Anyone had this issue?

If you contact me via PM with your email address, I can send you my M20 autopilot mods to try..

Bert

9 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

If you contact me via PM with your email address, I can send you my M20 autopilot mods to try..

You're the best, Bert!