jetsmell

Flight Plan Troubles

Recommended Posts

I fill out my flight plan between two well-known airports and then I click ok, but there's a pop up that reads; The following characters are invalid for file names <>:/\1?*. This prevents me from filing a flight plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

jetsmell very little info you provide ... can you please give some more detail..

Jorge

Share this post


Link to post

I remember having an issue with an airport that has a proper name associated with it and it had a "/" separating the names - when I removed that backslash the planner accepted the format 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, pracines said:

I remember having an issue with an airport that has a proper name associated with it and it had a "/" separating the names - when I removed that backslash the planner accepted the format 

Exactly. Some of the airport names in P3D have these characters in them. Just remove the offending characters in the file name and you will be good to go.

 

Russ

Share this post


Link to post

That is an annoyance for sure.  The default seems to be to put those characters in the name so you have to remove them.    Been there, it is a pain. :blink:

 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Bill Griffith said:

That is an annoyance for sure.  The default seems to be to put those characters in the name so you have to remove them.    Been there, it is a pain. :blink:

 

Bill

Yeah, but it is what it is, I guess. Whoever was in charge of entering the airport names didn't think about it too much...

 

Russ

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, b1bmsgt said:

Yeah, but it is what it is, I guess. Whoever was in charge of entering the airport names didn't think about it too much...

 

Russ

That is my feeling too.  :huh:

 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post

Actually, in some earlier versions it made no difference. A version or two ago LM made some adjustments to how the flightplans were parsed - not allowing certain characters was one of the changes. Fortunately there are very few "bad" names comparatively but it is still annoying.

Vic

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now