Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

Help again

Hello guys

I had this same problem with FSX-SE but as I could never actually get past the fly now button i did not over worry about it.

I have had this installed now for about a week partially set up my controls (see previous posts - still not resolved) flown for 2 hours. 

Click on the Desktop icon just now and it wants me to install it. 39gb ... about 12 hours download (from experience) 

Is this normal for Steam products???? How can I stop this and just "play" this Simulator.

Cheers

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Have you moved the original FSW installation folder or any part of it? Do you have any other Steam games and, if so, do they do the same?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Vortex,

Hello mate and thanks for your reply.

In a word, no. To be honest I have not had a great track record with DTG or Steam. I spent two months trying to get past the fly now button and never ever succeeded. It did exactly what I am experiencing now at least twice. Also,because I have two computers ...One is my desktop computer,dedicated only to flight sim and a laptop. This is the ultimate challenge to Steam and confuses the hell out of it if you swap back and forth. and there was an constant stream of codes sent to me to verify that it was me and it was, indeed my computer. So I eventually abandoned FSX-SE without a flight and have not even tried to access it in the last twelve months.

I most definately have not moved FSW. It is in fact installed on a FSW dedicated 250gb SSD and it is the only software on that SSD.

As previously stated, I am still trying to resolve the repeat function on my hat switch and on engine reversers. I can allocate the buttons but just cannot activate the repeat function. I have managed to "fly" though for about two hours.  Apart from not being able to recognize the environs of my home airport (YBBN) I was reasonably impressed. 

Now I click on the FSW desktop icon and all I get is the need to install the product. This to me is extremely frustrating and I have come cose to putting a brick through my computer screen LOL It has, however made me wonder why I bothered to attempt to repeat the FSX-SE experience.

Something has got be wrong somewhere. I just do not know where to start looking.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

If you launch Steam you'll be able to verify and repair your installation from there.

Click on the Games drop-down menu at the top left of the screen and select View Games Library.

Right-click on Flight Sim World and select Properties.

In the Properties window, click on the Local Files tab.

Click on the last item in the list, VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES...

Steam will then verify and repair or re-install any missing files for you.

Heads up guys this the guy that's have problem`s with all the sim`s FSX FSW XPlane and probably P3D.

Ray Fry. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Ray,

I have never made a secret of this fact.  I have spent years (Close to 10) trying to achieve the workable/flyable  configuration that FS9 provides me. I have spent literally thousands of dollars upgrading hardware to duplicate what I have in FS9

Never have I whinged or complained about this and have merely asked hundreds of questions on lots and lots of forums, chasing the dream.You are quite right when you mentioned the sims above. You did however, leave out FSX-SE, Aeroflyfs2 and DCS I have them all and I am still (STILL) chasing the dream.

The only slightly derogatory post I made was an observation that it was probably going to take a couple of Kray super computers to run these programmes well.  I have even mentioned that I am bidding for the current American Defence departments' computer system to run my Flight sim with 6 monitors.

I currently have a post going exploring VR, trackir etc as options for 6 monitors.

I don't really know, and I give you the benefit of the doubt, whether the heads up was actually a subtle warning that I was trolling or simply to the fact that I may just be a crackpot.

Neither is the case. My biggest problem is the lack of people with 6 monitor experience who can help me and those who are operating this many monitors who do not come forward with help.I mean no disrespect to anybody with this statement, nor in fact with this post, which incidently has absolutely nothing to do with multi monitor problems. .

As a further update, I have had a further catestrophic power fail here and have had to reinstall Windows 10 again. This is a process which obviously will involve re installing my FS9, FSW, XPlane and P3dv4.  This is probab;y at my internet speeds going to take a week or so and I will chase up this and all my other posts as and when I can.  Who knows the reinstall may well sort out my FSW problems too.

Cheers to all

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

17 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

As a further update, I have had a further catestrophic power fail here and have had to reinstall Windows 10 again. This is a process which obviously will involve re installing my FS9, FSW, XPlane and P3dv4.

Once you've installed everything and confirmed that it's working, get a decent backup program and make a drive image which you can use to quickly restore things if they all go wrong again.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Vortex 681,

May i start this post with a "congratulations" for your very imminent 1000 posts. Been around fer a while eh? Well done anyway.

I have onsidered the above on many occasions.  However, and this may sound a little strange, I am an aged pensioner and the regularity with which we have power fails here, (generally two per day and I had one day where we had 7 in a 12 hour period and another where we had 17 power fails in four days) it actually gives me an opportunity to keep my mind active and also gives me something to do. Another aspect is that I have rarely (as is the same with most simmers LOL) achieved perfection in any sim. When I do, its time for another upgrade or I make my annual trip to OZ and it has all gone pear shaped while I am away. In essence, it is not really a bother to me.  I do concede however, that this is extremely sound advice for everyone, and I should probably actually get round to doing it. In the meantime, I continue with my strugges whilst actually learning a lot,  but all in all, I am a happy little vegemite.

Thanks for your advice mate ... appreciated.

Cheers

Tony

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

On 11 September 2017 at 6:48 PM, himmelhorse said:

May i start this post with a "congratulations" for your very imminent 1000 posts

Thanks. I've learned such a lot from these forums over the years and I'm always more than happy to give back by helping with any problems when I think I have some useful knowledge or experience. Long live Avsim!

• Upvote 1

First, I would ditch the laptop instance.  Once you check the integrity of files as recommended by @A32xx on your dedicated desktop and you are able to use FSW.  I would then use it for a couple of weeks so that you have a stable instance.  I personally am not a big fan of having multiple instances of a game on separate devices.  I get it and some want it, but I think it's wasted resources to keep up multiple instances of the same licensed product - but again, that's just me.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

Smoke Diddy,

You misunderstand what I meant to say LOL

I only have FSW and FSX-SE installed on my flight sim computer(see my new avatar) My reference to the laptop was in reference to accessing steam site for help. It automatically assumes that I have changed my computer and thus generates the new codes to verify me and my equipment. In actual fact my laptop is older and less wiser than my flight sim computer, the only advantage is that it is touch screen.  Not used in any way for Flying.

I do understand where you are coming from though and I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Thanks for your input

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

4 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Smoke Diddy,

You misunderstand what I meant to say LOL

I only have FSW and FSX-SE installed on my flight sim computer(see my new avatar) My reference to the laptop was in reference to accessing steam site for help. It automatically assumes that I have changed my computer and thus generates the new codes to verify me and my equipment. In actual fact my laptop is older and less wiser than my flight sim computer, the only advantage is that it is touch screen.  Not used in any way for Flying.

I do understand where you are coming from though and I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Thanks for your input

Regards

Tony

jajajajajaja!!!  Sorry bout that.  Ok, maybe it's the Steam client.  I have very similar set-up as you do, but on my laptop, I access Steam only through web browser, not Steam Client.  You can still login, but without the client being installed.

Robert

Edit:  I also access Steam through my iPad and iPhone via browser only.  Maybe the client is confused.  I know you can move an install of FSW, FSX-SE via Steam Client and you'd think it wouldn't get confused, but I'm certainly not convinced.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy