captain420

Is there an app to figure out whats taking up so much space on your OS drive?

I have a 128GB SSD for my main Windows 10 drive... I'm not sure whats taking up so much room.. I was at 30GB the other week, now down to 15GB!

Is there any app or methods that I can use to determine what is taking up all that space so that I can free up some room on my main SSD?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks a lot! I notice PMDG ops center is taking up like 3GB of space. Is there a way to have that installed on another drive?

Hi Aaron,

Bing or Google - WinDirStat  - this freeware program shows a graphical rep of your entire drive/s where you can then interact directly with the graphic to find and remove or move unwanted files taking up space on your drive/s.

• Upvote 1

Go to control panel/ sytem and security/system/system protection/select OS drive/press configure tab/press delete tab

This will clear all restore points. Recently I was going nuts when I lost 25gb and got it all back after deleting system restore

you can always create a fresh one from the same page

TreeSize, WinDirStat work... I use an older tool called SpaceSniffer. It certainly helps visualize what's hogging up the space.

There's usually a lot of space being held by all of your patch uninstallation data, so if you're running a stable system, you may also wish to perform a "Disk Cleanup" and as part of the process to a Windows Update cleanup.