Manny

GNS 530W small airports not showing.

10 posts in this topic

I was flying around PNW and I was not able to D to Orbx airports (The small airports).  

Is it some settings I have to do on the GNS530 or this because the underlying DB do not have these small airports?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Manny,

The database uses the RW Garmin Trainer software - so if it's a real airport in existence since the date on the dbase - it should be in there...

There is a setting to set what kind of airports you want to display - as a dirt 2000 ft strip doesn't help a Lear at all - probably under map settings menu or something like that - not in front of a unit at the moment...

Regards,

Scott

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Manny,

The database uses the RW Garmin Trainer software - so if it's a real airport in existence since the date on the dbase - it should be in there...

There is a setting to set what kind of airports you want to display - as a dirt 2000 ft strip doesn't help a Lear at all - probably under map settings menu or something like that - not in front of a unit at the moment...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott

 

YEah..thats what I thought and I messed around with the Menus and could not find it... And here is the manual.

 

https://www.nifc.gov/aviation/BLMsmkjAC/Garmin530_UG.pdf

 

I kind of scanned through it and  could not find it either.

Hmm....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What date database are you using? Garmin did delete smaller airfields from their worldwide database sometime in 2016 due to size limitations of their database.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Manny said:

I was flying around PNW and I was not able to D to Orbx airports (The small airports).  

Is it some settings I have to do on the GNS530 or this because the underlying DB do not have these small airports?

What airports are you looking for? So I can check.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, bills511 said:

What airports are you looking for? So I can check.

I was comparing the default G500 and the reality xp530 screens and the G500 were showing more small airports.

Can you see the following airports? or even do a direct to and type in that 0S9 and hit enter.

 

0S9 Jefferson Co Intl

S43 Harvey

2W3 Swanson

S45 Siletz Bay State

3W5 Concrete Mun

 

Just a few

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Manny said:

I was comparing the default G500 and the reality xp530 screens and the G500 were showing more small airports.

Can you see the following airports? or even do a direct to and type in that 0S9 and hit enter.

 

0S9 Jefferson Co Intl

S43 Harvey

2W3 Swanson

S45 Siletz Bay State

3W5 Concrete Mun

 

Just a few

I'm finding them on the original database supplied. You must be using a newer database - see my post above.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Manny said:

I was comparing the default G500 and the reality xp530 screens and the G500 were showing more small airports.

Can you see the following airports? or even do a direct to and type in that 0S9 and hit enter.

 

0S9 Jefferson Co Intl

S43 Harvey

2W3 Swanson

S45 Siletz Bay State

3W5 Concrete Mun

 

Just a few

My 1606 database doesn't include those. The database that comes with the units Oct. 09 does have them. What database cycle are you using?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure.. I have to go home this weekend to find out.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now