Sign in to follow this  
johnliem

which flight planer program do you use for RC V4

Hello

which flight planer do you use for RC V4 to load the flight plan in RC V4?

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

26 minutes ago, johnliem said:

Hello

which flight planer do you use for RC V4 to load the flight plan in RC V4?

Any planner software that can produce a pln file compatible with FS9 / FSX. I use PFPX.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I use simbrief. A great flight planning tool that is free to use.

Thanks all for the answers, but I have an issue that when I create a flight plan which I got a pln file, like from pfpx or flight plan control, when i load it up, in an airport, my airport become an ocean, can anyone tell me why this happend, except from FS Build, 

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

I have seen this before where the flightplanner used one version of FS and the RC scenery database was built from a different version. The other error has been the user brought in a plan with a different departure and arrival destinations than where the aircraft was located at.

If there is any coordinate errors in either the planner or the RC build, you might see going out to Neverland.

Hello Ronzie,

so it means that I have to rebuild the new scenery database in flight planner software?

John Liem

You need to have the flight planner and RC database (from the build) in sync. If your aircraft is parked when you start more than I think three miles from where RC calculated the airport center from its build will move the aircraft when it starts. RC calculates the airport center from all of the runway and taxiway data.

A formatting error in either the planner or  the build might might also contribute.

RC's airport coordinates calculated in the build are in file a4.csv in rcv4/data. It is calculated from r4.csv which is copied from r5.csv in the FS folder. Never look at RC's data files with a spreadsheet or database  application, Use  a text reader. Backup in an out of the way folder those .csv files to avoid a reinstall.

You might check the date-time stamps on r5 csv in your FS folder with those in r4.csv and a4.csv in your rcv4/data folder. They should be close indicating a sucessful build. When you run the build, be sure your answer to the path is correct for the version of FS you are running.

Thanks , it is fixed now after rebuild the database.

John Liem