Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Aerosoft CRJ worth it?

4 minutes ago, ShezA said:

You don't own it....and you are thrashing the product?

You have difficulties reading don't you? Read better.

There ARE issues with the product and that's not thrashing it. There are better alternatives in the market which is the point of the thread.

• Upvote 2

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

5 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

You have difficulties reading don't you? Read better.

There ARE issues with the product and that's not thrashing it. There are better alternatives in the market which is the point of the thread.

Not worth replying to.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

On 9/21/2017 at 9:55 PM, Nuno Pinto said:

I've tested the latest version 1.0.1.1 at a friend's house and it's completely unreliable.

Maybe you are not trashing it but saying it is completely unreliable is a bit much. How many hours/days did you “test“ to see that everything (completely) is unreliable?

And seeing you are very vocal against the CRJ could you be more specific in what you mean with completely? I think your testing results could help people making up their minds if they want to buy the CRJ or not. 

For example; how is the flightmodel? Is the tutorial flight explanatory enough? How are the systems modeled? Which versions did you fly? How are DL in v4?

Thank you. 

It's completely unreliable might be too much, i'll give you that, but what do you call something you cannot trust to follow a route as it randomly happens? It's true i don't have a lot of experience with it because, like most of you, i read Aerosoft's forums and measuring the highs and lows decided that the issues it had (NAV, Crashes, HGS issues, etc) weren't worth my money yet, so i didn't buy it - But heck, i can tell when something doesn't behave as expected.  I fly the CRJ at a friend's house (he flies a real Challenger 604 which is pretty similar), we must have spent what, 10 hours with it together?

I don't want to perform a flight for my VA only to find the aircraft lost in the middle of nowhere after i took a break to go for a run or dinner or whatever. I have well over 20000 hours of simulator time, more than enough to get a feeling on how a determined addon behaves. It's not real world experience, true, but again, enough to feel how it handles compared to the other products in the market. I often fly with friends who are well into aviation, some even fly 737/A320 and yet another has more hours fying that CL604 than i have simulating - I get most real world input from them.

This helps me know how an aircraft should behave or fly with these guys valuable help. I'm by no means an expert at anything but again i know my way around the simulator.

Having said that, the only thing we found to be a real issue (and pretty much ruins it - heck it's the basics!) is the LNAV. Climbing and descending performs as expected, the flight model is very good (input from my friend as i don't have the real model feel), but he wouldn't fly it in real life because he cannot trust it. This alone says everything. I never looked at the tutorial because i got input from someone who knows how to handle it (and it's real easy to get to grips with), so no idea on that.

My friend has version 1.0.1.1 and the previous one i tested was the release version which oddly didn't have as many LNAV issues as this one. Again, repeating myself, i let him know he should uninstall it completely and remove all traces of the aircraft and reinstall and see how that goes.

What do you mean by 'DL in V4'?

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

2 hours ago, ShezA said:

Not worth replying to.

Expected.

Anyway, do you know what's better than some random guy in a forum talking about some product? Go out and buy it, test it by yourself. Best ever way to know if it's good it not ;)

18 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Expected.

Anyway, do you know what's better than some random guy in a forum talking about some product? Go out and buy it, test it by yourself. Best ever way to know if it's good it not ;)

Agreed.

(P3Dv4/CRJ ver. 1.0.1.1) So I just finished that flight you suggested including the long legs, the aircraft flew it perfectly without any circular tracks, deviations, etc. Landed perfectly. This is with AS P3DV4 real weather. I even tried to throw it off balance by increasing sim rate to 4x/8x but it stayed rock solid.

Shez

• Upvote 1

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

23 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

As mentioned earlier, I never had issues with the FMC in the CRJ. Can you post the waypoints of a route that didn't work for you? I would be happy to verify if I encounter the same issue on my system.

Peter

KMEM GOETZ5.DIYAB POLAN GZG KTRI

CRJ700 v1.0.1.1

P3Dv4, Win10-64bit, Navigraph AIRAC 1710, 2017 C++ 64bit Redistributibles, 2015 C++ 32bit Redistributibles. Before you tell me I'm using the wrong version go and read https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/14701/visual-c-redistributable-for-visual-studio-2015-ca.html.

Used the CRJ Manager to load 75% pax, 500 lbs front cargo, default rear cargo, 30 minutes spare fuel, 220lbs taxi fuel. Hit Calculate for the total and imported the result into Dave (the tablet) after the CRJ was loaded and sitting at the gate. Fair weather theme (29.92 barometer). The GOETZ5.DIYAB departure is set up for Rwy18 L,C or R, pretty much a straight shot to the first waypoint RIBZZ. I followed the takeoff sequence as outlined in the CRJ Tutorial. Engage the AP (SPD=250 and NAV) before reaching RIBZZ.

Upon reaching RIBZZ the flight director commands a left turn toward the next waypoint HENIR. The autopilot turns right and just keeps making circles until you intervene. Use Direct To or hand fly to get back on track and engage the AP. Enter the ILS23 approach into the CDU. The CRJ follows the flightpplan until reaching GZG when it goes braindead again.There were no discontinuities showing on the CDU.

This is not a "ya know this plane doesn't have an autothrottle" problem. Climbs are made in the CLB detent and verified on the PFD. Cruise is in manual with the throttles adjusted to maintain approx 0.74 mach. Descents are in SPD mode with the throttles adjusted to maintain 2500fpm @ 290 knots. All of this as per the CRJ Tutorial.

There are so many things to love about this plane, but the flight director and autopilot are broke. Hopefully the next update will fix this problem.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I bought it yesterday , after reading all this topi:
many of my friends recommand me to buy the CRJ and after 5 hours flight I can say completely that this is a wonderful airplane.
LOVE IT!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Hans said there's still a few things to iron out, so, once again, i'm confident he'll look into it and fix them definitely.

Hi Nuno,

I flew your LPPT-LPLA route without any LNAV issues. Apparently, these problems appear only on some computer systems. As you said, I am sure they are working on solving this riddle. I hope they will fix it so that you can enjoy this bird, too. Not an easy plane to master, but very rewarding if you master it. 

Peter

I bought it a few weeks back after the update. If you've been flying autothrottle, LNAV, VNAV (PMDG as an example) prepare to change your mindset. Once I got use to the quirkiness and the necessity of micro-managing the throttle the plane is actually fun to fly. I noticed some peculiarities though like LNAV turning several nautical miles before the next waypoint on an approach to get to the succeeding waypoint but it did intercept it. I like the look of the outside of the plane - well modeled and the inside is ok though not the top of the line in terms of textures. Preparing a plan on SimBrief the fmc imports it so that's a great feature. Love the 'Ipad' on the side of the cockpit to set up pax, fuel, ground power etc.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Majestic missed out on a lot of sales if they just had their Q400 ready for v4 and the smaller regional market could have been theirs. These basic bugs of logic in the CRJ should be fixed in a 10 year development product before a release. Hopefully by the end of the year Aerosoft get the bugs fixed.

I wanted to bring back this thread for anyone interested in the Aerosoft CRJ. IMO it's evolved into a must have for p3d v4.

With the exception of performance with DL enable, on my system, the plane is performing well. I'm enjoying the hell out of it!

I just hope that the developer adds FSX native landing lights so that I can see where I'm going when taxing at night.

DL & 2 or 4xSSAA affects performance too much on my 2600k/GTX 970. Other than that, I'm finally happy with my purchase.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.