Rob Ainscough

172P G1000 - WebSimXML.DLL triggers CTD in P3D V4

Recommended Posts

If anyone is having issues with this aircraft in P3D V4 ... as in a CTD, edit your DLL.XML files  and  disable WebSimXML.dll ... example:

  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>WebSimXML</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <Path>.\WebSimBrowser\2.1\64\WebSimXML.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon> 

This entry gets added when installing the Carenado C172P.  When I can make some time I'll register a formal support ticket, but for now this work around allows me to fly the aircraft with nice G1000s.

In addition (but unrelated to CTD) you make find duplicate entries in both DLL.XML for the following:

  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>CMeteoXml</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>.\CMeteoXml.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Carenavigraph</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Remove the duplicates from one of the DDL.XML files.

Cheers, Rob.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

6 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

If anyone is having issues with this aircraft in P3D V4 ... as in a CTD, edit your DLL.XML files  and  disable WebSimXML.dll ... example:

  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>WebSimXML</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <Path>.\WebSimBrowser\2.1\64\WebSimXML.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon> 

This entry gets added when installing the Carenado C172P.  When I can make some time I'll register a formal support ticket, but for now this work around allows me to fly the aircraft with nice G1000s.

In addition (but unrelated to CTD) you make find duplicate entries in both DLL.XML for the following:

  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>CMeteoXml</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>.\CMeteoXml.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Carenavigraph</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Remove the duplicates from one of the DDL.XML files.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for sharing.

Mini-review please.

How does it perform with regards to FD?

How realistic is the G1000?

How are the fps? I have a gtx 970. I'm waiting for the 1070TI to be released.

It looks good, but does it behave and sound like the A2A model?

Thanks.

Jose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not having the ctd issue in v4, but thanks for the heads up on the duplicate entries.

 

As far as a mini review, I've only put about an hour on the hobbs so far, but for what it is, it's fine.  It does look good, and the synthetic vision is a neat addition although there is no documentation in regards to the "included subscription" or anything about cost beyond the "subscription".

This is not an A2A airplane, and cannot be expected to realistically compare.  I'm still digging into the G1000 to see if there are any significant improvements in regards to procedures and such.  If you like Carenado products, then this will not disappoint.  The sounds are pretty good, the textures are the usual eye candy from Carenado, and the documentation is the usual pdf files included.  I see no real hit on frames using a gtx970 and the synthetic vision, although I have not tried complex airports nor extreme topography yet.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ksheadley said:

The sounds are pretty good, 

Really? IMO they are rather bad this time. The engine sounds more like a Rotax engine and there are noticable annoying oscillations in the engine sound loop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DJJose said:

How are the fps? I have a gtx 970. I'm waiting for the 1070TI to be released.

It looks good, but does it behave and sound like the A2A model?

FPS are good, very good.  G1000s look good except the banding issue reported before.  

Doesn't behave or sound like A2A 172, but also doesn't cost $80 ... it costs $35, can't really compare price points.

Didn't notice any issues with sound.

I haven't flown it enough to formulate a review, I want to get the WebSimConnect functionality working as that has lots of potential in P3D (working with the Dev on finding resolution).

Cheers, Rob.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DJJose said:

How does it perform with regards to FD?

From an FSX oldtimer at SOH:   its really nice :-) flys great too handles like the Xplane 11 cessna 172sp flys like a dream.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J35OE said:

Really? IMO they are rather bad this time. The engine sounds more like a Rotax engine and there are noticable annoying oscillations in the engine sound loop.

I'm not hearing any issues with the sound, and I also have not had the websimconnect issues that Rob is experiencing.  You're individual mileage may vary. Just my observations from my install.  I'm sure I will find more as I dig further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick update, I did some more diagnostics last night and narrowed "my" issues down to two possible conflicting DLLs

XMLTools64.DLL (I think this is deployed with Milviz aircraft)

iFlyxxx.DLLs  (747 and 737)

Disabling these two DLL has allowed me to run WebSimXML.dll.

Cheers, Rob.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got SVS working, configured SVS to very high ... well worth the $35 for this ... plus a working weather radar - bargain.

Quick RAW video of SVS in action.

This is with very high graphics seting and DL enbled at FSDG airport with DL lights, AS4, UTLive, RAAS Pro, Orbx, etc. etc.

Cheers, Rob

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Rob

Thanks for the video

I cannot seem to get the sequence right to activate the camera on the first avionics screen

The manual does not seem to be very clear

You seemed to only use 3 buttons in the video to get tothe right screen

What were they.? or am I being too simplistic?

xxd09

PS just noticed that I have to run the SVE exe separately - will this fix the problem?

Edited by xxd09
Omission

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hit PFD button

hit the SVS button (far left)

then you have 6 button options to enable/disable display features

I'm assuming you've already run the SVS installer prior to launching P3D?  If not check SimObjects folder for th 172P

the manual is located in SimObject not in the Carenado folder.

Cheers Rob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rob,

I got the SVS working but I get no announcements like you have in your video.  What am I missing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gpf3m said:

I get no announcements like you have in your video

Those are coming from RAAS Pro 64 (stand alone version that works with all aircraft).  SVS does support MakeRunways (from Pete D.) ... the SVS documentation is incorrect in where to place the r5.bin file created by MakeRunways ... don't recall exact location for r5.bin file, have to get back to you on that.

Cheers, Rob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

SVS does support MakeRunways (from Pete D.) ... the SVS documentation is incorrect in where to place the r5.bin file created by MakeRunways ... don't recall exact location for r5.bin file, have to get back to you on that.

Hi Rob, do you remember where to copy the r5.bin file from MakeRunways?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pidder said:

do you remember where to copy the r5.bin file from MakeRunways?

Here ya go: ...\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\gauges\Carenado_WebSimConnect ... there is already a r5.bin file there, I just replaced it with latest one generated from Pete's latest version of MakeRwys along with Lorby-SI AddonOrganizer so that P3D V4 Add-On method files are found (http://lorby-SI.weebly.com/downloads.html).  The documentation says: Step 4. "Copy r5.bin file that was generated and paste it (replace) to. /panel.svs/svs/WebSimSVS folder." ... I couldn't find that location?

Here is a low visibility test out of KBID, in the real world this would not be viable and the runway would be closed, but in a emergency SVS could probably land you just about anywhere under poor visibility ... just don't come in too low like I did. :)

 

 

Cheers Rob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Rob

What a terrific video- using the full avionics power to fly blind like that is so impressive 

A tribute to Carenado -and the Pilot!

The righthand avionics panel not too clear on the video -presumably giving the pilot his initial runway positioning before the left hand panel takes over for finals 

Great stuff!

 xxd09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your help, will try it out later... Very nice video *****!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Rob

Can I ask one more question?

I can get the Weather Radar to show but it does not light up and go active

Anything I could try?

xxd09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, xxd09 said:

Weather Radar to show but it does not light up and go active

Do you have weather loaded that has precipitation?  I tested with default weather themes and AS4 weather (where precipitation was present) and both worked with the weather radar.

Cheers, Rob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Rob

Thanks-did this and up it all came!

All I need now is a extra avionics panel to run the GPS as well!

xxd09

PS is this the first functioning Weather Radar available in P3Dv4?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2017 at 9:45 AM, xxd09 said:

PS is this the first functioning Weather Radar available in P3Dv4?

No, several other aircraft have functioning weather radars.  But it's nice to have it included for the $35 aircraft costs.

Cheers, Rob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Rob

You are right

Found functioning Radar in Carenado Phenom 100,300,206 Stationair,Citation 525A CJ2 and H25BH850XP

xxd09

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rob, 

don't those other entry in the .dll.xml run other aircraft in your sim sir?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now