Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

PMDG operation Center Aircraft Update Failure

11 hours ago, HUSSAR said:

Kyle could this issue also be related to Win10 core updates?  As per this other thread:

This one here? No.

This is all, 100% anti-virus being exactly what it's meant to prevent: viruses. In the beginning, these programs would at least say "hey, I think this might be a problem, please advise." Now, they just shut everything down without notification, going as far as deleting things without advising you. That, ladies and gentlemen, is exactly what viruses do.

...but they're called anti-virus programs, so it's all okay...right?

No...no it is not.

EDIT: ...and let me be clear: I'm trained in Security+ and taught it for a few years. I don't take security lightly.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Resolved the issue thanks to Chris at PMDG.  I logged a ticket yesterday as I received and error when trying to install a livery for the 777.  I figured that I would send that in as it was the first error log and thought it might help.  Sure enough Chris asked if I ran Download Accelerator Plus, that was it exactly! Uninstalled DAP and I was able to update the aircraft and install liveries on both the NGX and 777. I disabled DAP the other day when I was troubleshooting. I kept wondering why the dl's kept failing (as per the log). I do recall at one time I tried dl something from PMDG isng DAP and it failed, so it might have remembered that preference.

Kyle was on the right track, thanks to both he and Chris for a job well done.

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

16 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

Uninstalled DAP and I was able to update the aircraft and install liveries on both the NGX and 777

Hey Robert, thanks for posting that update. Interesting.  I have been using IDM Internet Download Manager for several years now and it has never caused a problem with any download and it also opens multiple ports to maximize the download speed.  There is a nominal cost for the software but they keep it up to date often and integrates very well with IE and Firefox and probably others.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,

I know!  I have used DAP for years as well, they must have done something to it.  I have the paid DAP premium package.  I'll keep it installed on my client and if I need to I will download onto the server PC using my network.  Maybe it is time for a change, hmmm. 

\Robert Hamlich/

Hey guys I have a problem updating from my old version to the latest but it says latest thn it says it done then click out of the ops center then go back it back at the old version again then just repeats over and over