Sign in to follow this  
ralinn

TerraFlora Update 1.2.0

1 hour ago, howevr said:

Still wants me to pay 20 UKP. 

Yup, but 20 quid definitely is the price without VAT in spite of what any text might say on the website because with VAT added on, it is £23.99, which is what I paid for it here in the UK.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

8 hours ago, howevr said:

The purchase price shows 20 quid inc VAT. This is the same price that is charged through the buying process. At no point does the price shown reflect a 20% VAT reduction.

If that’s the way it’s supposed to work then your price should show as 20 quid plus VAT applicable to buyers from affected regions.

FYI I’m signed in and my profile clearly says Australia. Still wants me to pay 20 UKP. 

Cheers,

My point is, the purchase price includes VAT. If you do not pay VAT, VAT will not be shown on the purchase price (Even though the website has a prefix of "INC. VAT").

Again, if you check out, you will see that there is 0.00 displayed for VAT. This is because the purchase price you saw was being displayed WITHOUT VAT.

We are working with our webdesigner to have the product page "INC VAT" prefix removed for customers that are in regions not affected by VAT.

Just to make this clear, customers that are in regions not affected by VAT are NOT being charged VAT.

Thanks
Russ

• Upvote 1

logo.png

Russell Linn

Art Director

Turbulent Designs

7 hours ago, Chock said:

Yup, but 20 quid definitely is the price without VAT in spite of what any text might say on the website because with VAT added on, it is £23.99, which is what I paid for it here in the UK.

Thanks for contributing, Chock. We're working on making it a little less confusing.

Thanks,
Russ

logo.png

Russell Linn

Art Director

Turbulent Designs

Hi guys,

We've made a few adjustments to the product page, so hopefully things are a little more obvious. If you're in a region that does not pay VAT, then you'll notice that the inc and exc VAT will be the same.

Thanks,
Russ

logo.png

Russell Linn

Art Director

Turbulent Designs

Ok Guys. Thanks for clearing that up. Suprised that the locals did not bring this to your attention earlier  that your listed price showed inc VAT when it obviously did not. And to be pedantic showing just (excl VAT) along side the price would be clear to all site visitors that tax is not included.

As an aside. Unfortunately for Australian residents we will be be paying 10% GST on online purchases from overseas sellers effective July 2018. I notice that some sellers who use firms like esellerate are prematurely charging GST. You may want to ensure your people know. I do believe you have to sell over AUD75k per year to Aussie customers otherwise you don’t have to register with the Australian Tax Office.

Thanks again.

howevr

6 minutes ago, howevr said:

Ok Guys. Thanks for clearing that up. Suprised that the locals did not bring this to your attention earlier  that your listed price showed inc VAT when it obviously did not. And to be pedantic showing just (excl VAT) along side the price would be clear to all site visitors that tax is not included.

As an aside. Unfortunately for Australian residents we will be be paying 10% GST on online purchases from overseas sellers effective July 2018. I notice that some sellers who use firms like esellerate are prematurely charging GST. You may want to ensure your people know. I do believe you have to sell over AUD75k per year to Aussie customers otherwise you don’t have to register with the Australian Tax Office.

Thanks again.

Hi David,

Thanks for the advise, I believe Australia is tax exempt is not this the case? and now you will get charged 10% correct?

Currently we get charged VAT in europe ranging from 17% in Luxembourg to 27% in Hungary for everything we buy online, life is hard.

Simbol

16 minutes ago, howevr said:

Ok Guys. Thanks for clearing that up. Suprised that the locals did not bring this to your attention earlier  that your listed price showed inc VAT when it obviously did not.

Please don't misunderstand. The price was ALWAYS listed including VAT for all regions that pay VAT.

It just wasn't obvious for people that didn't pay VAT that VAT wasn't added to the price even though it displayed "INC VAT".

NO ONE has been charged more or less than what was advertised on the product page and checkout.

logo.png

Russell Linn

Art Director

Turbulent Designs