vc10man

TOPCAT

6 posts in this topic

I have done a search for TOPCAT here and just come up blank.

Is there any way to add or update the aircraft database in Topcat?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't believe so.  I believe the files are locked/hardcoded in to the program and require updates from the developer to get a new aircraft.  Unfortunately it's been something like 2 years since and update and there have been statements that it will not be developed further. 

In short, no. At least I'm pretty sure you can't. Unfortunately, TOPCAT has been abandoned by its developers, reasons unknown. Shame really, as it was (is) a nice tool in our flight planning arsenal. The last addition was the 777-200 and that was a few years ago (after PMDG released the T7 for FSX).

**Eric got there before me.

Edited by speedyTC

However I'm still using it and is usable for the planes that it includes. For example the B737, B747, B757, B767, B777-200 and A320 CFM are some of the profiles I use in TOPCAT. It also includes a profile for the MD82. So, even if not updated any more, it's perfectly usable. Pity thought it has been abandoned. Let's hope it will be continued at some point.

i've been using TOPER for the 737-600 and 737-900 . although it doesn't support derates, the assumed temps are usually working well which helps a lot with the 900 especially. i found myself underguessing the power by quite a bit when i tried to use the values from the -800 in topcat as a substitute.

for the concorde... cps-x is invaluable..

it would be cool to see a more general purpose solution that can have user modified files. although i feel like gathering the data for something like that would be quite an undertaking, which is maybe why not so many people have done it already.

cheers,-andy crosby

What I like is the co-op between PFPX and TOPCAT. The values can fill in automatically. But if you can't update the planes the interaction becomes non-existent.