Sign in to follow this  

Bought PTA: I was afraid this would happen

3 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Big mistake is not using PTA - that's what I meant initially :-) For me, no PTA = no P3D, it's a primary add-one perhaps before the FTX Sandwich 

Ah, got it :smile:

Well, I guess I will agree not using any kind of shader add-on is a big mistake since vanilla FSX/P3D doesn't look near as good and realistic as it can with one of these add-ons.

Richard Åsberg

44 minutes ago, DJJose said:

True, but this thread is about PTA & presets and not about other options.

Well actually this thread started out with someone saying they weren't happy with PTA owing to difficulties they were having (which seem to have been sorted), whereas you wrote everyone is happy with PTA, which clearly wasn't the case when the thread was started, moreover, not everybody uses it. So I just thought I'd point out that there are alternatives to PTA.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Envtex have just announced Envshade.

https://togapjcts.wixsite.com/toga/envshade

"Envshade will allow you to enhance the visuals of your simulator in just a few clicks.
Is it customizable? No, but Why ?
Simply because we want you to enjoy your simulator, not to work on it instead of us !"

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

10 minutes ago, twojastara said:

Envtex have just announced Envshade.

https://togapjcts.wixsite.com/toga/envshade

"Envshade will allow you to enhance the visuals of your simulator in just a few clicks.
Is it customizable? No, but Why ?
Simply because we want you to enjoy your simulator, not to work on it instead of us !"

Now this sounds very interesting!!

I already have very high confidence in these guys being extremely happy with ENVTEX and reading through the feature list and how lots of parameters will be dynamic and changing throughout your flight depending on the current weather situation etc makes it ever more interesting!

Not sure how they managed to achieve that since all other shader tools require you to restart the simulator for a new preset to become active but maybe they are using some of the new things in the P3Dv4(.1) SDK allowing these kind of things...?

Richard Åsberg

4 hours ago, Sethos1988 said:

Bit more drama and you could have your own TV show.

+1. PTA is so easy to use and soooo good that I would never fly P3D without it!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

5 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Not sure how they managed to achieve that since all other shader tools require you to restart the simulator for a new preset to become active but maybe they are using some of the new things in the P3Dv4(.1) SDK allowing these kind of things...?

Nothing to do with V4.1 SDK :wink:

Simbol

9 minutes ago, simbol said:

Nothing to do with V4.1 SDK :wink:

Simbol

Ok.

Well, regardless I find that as a major improvement over what is avaliable right now where everything will look the same regardless of the given situation.

Can't wait to try it out! 

Richard Åsberg

Well, I suppose I simply have a different taste than most of you because after spending quite some time with various presets and tuning each and every one of them I still think buying PTA was a waste of money. There are a few presets that are not as totally bad as that dark Thopat one (how on earth can anyone like that one!) but whatever I do it looks like I am screwing up the graphics instead of enhancing them. Bleeched out clouds, green trees that turn brown, cockpit's that get a strange colour, and so on.

It's my birthday today and I bought it as a present for myself, expecting it to raise P3D to new levels, so maybe that's why I am a bit more dramatic and word not allowed that I should be. I am sure I'll be fine again tomorrow. But if a refund had been possible, I'd done that by now already.

3 minutes ago, J van E said:

Well, I suppose I simply have a different taste than most of you because after spending quite some time with various presets and tuning each and every one of them I still think buying PTA was a waste of money. There are a few presets that are not as totally bad as that dark Thopat one (how on earth can anyone like that one!) but whatever I do it looks like I am screwing up the graphics instead of enhancing them. Bleeched out clouds, green trees that turn brown, cockpit's that get a strange colour, and so on.

It's my birthday today and I bought it as a present for myself, expecting it to raise P3D to new levels, so maybe that's why I am a bit more dramatic and word not allowed that I should be. I am sure I'll be fine again tomorrow. But if a refund had been possible, I'd done that by now already.

Did you try URP yet as I suggested a couple of posts back?

If not I highly suggest you do. It won't give the money back spent on PTA but at least you will get a very nice looking P3D on your birthday. Also the just announced ENVSHADE will only be 5 euros and seems to give you a lot of cool stuff for that price so maybe you'll end up treating yourself with a second birthday present :happy:

URP however won't cost you anything unless you like it and decide to donate.

Richard Åsberg

8 minutes ago, J van E said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Go and get my freeware as a gift :biggrin:

Regards,
Simbol

No, didn't try that yet because I payed for PTA. :happy: But I did try the ENVTEX Natural preset just now (missed that one, sorry) and FINALLY there is a preset that seems to be doing something good. The ground nearby is almost like default, so not saturated or dark, but the distance has a slightly blue haze (not totally blown out blue) and the clouds are a bit whiter (and not tally bleeched whiter or grey). And I can actually see the cockpit of my Comanche. So this might be a keeper. I will also try the ones with more or less haze. Phew. What a day. Still doubt if this was worth the money but it's not too bad. I might even consider getting ENVTEX (which I don't own) because these guys at least seem to know what they are doing...

21 minutes ago, J van E said:

You go into PTA and alter what you don't like Like Ebs said

4 hours ago, Ebs said:

Thopat has the contrast ramped up

In Pta go to contrast tuning on the left near the bottom and set the default value of 0.5

Higher values increase contrast, that's one of the reasons it's so dark. 

You Start with a preset and adjust it to your taste. Or really down to your monitor. Whats dark on one would be bright on another. No two screens are the same. 

Happy Birthday :) it was mine yesterday :)

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

11 minutes ago, simbol said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Go and get my freeware as a gift :biggrin:

Thank you and than you! :happy:

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

You go into PTA and alter what you don't like Like Ebs said

You Start with a preset and adjust it to you taste. 

Happy Birthday :) it was mine yesterday :)

Ah, LOL, well, a late happy birthday to you too then! :smile:

I did alter that Thopat preset but there was no way so save it imho. But luckily the ENVTEX preset got me some worthy results. I jst made a few comparison screenshots and the ones with the Natural preset do look more real than the default screenshots: the clouds is a bit lighter and the distance a realistic blueish haze. Now suddenly default looks a bit bland. So I am slightly happy for now and will leave it at this for the moment being. Performance also isn't hurt as with some other presets, so it seems.