Hi All,

Second question of the day.

Once installed with a new graphics card, how easy is it to get P3D to connect to 3 monitors and display the standard front facing cockpit views?

I've read all sorts of things like Triple Head required - I have no idea what this means.

I may as well ask another question also - is there a good G430W add-on for P3D.

Rocky114B

Disappointed now, saw the thread title and was hoping to see a trio of minotaurs. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

16 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Jeez Chock click the third link in my post.

Yeah, I saw that, but they need to be bigger than those to really look cool. Anyway, back on topic, it  depends on whether you have multiple outputs on your GPU ports, if you have those, then you don't need anything else to get the output to several monitors, but it might be an issue if they put out different signal info, in which case you would need something like triplehead.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guys,

I have struggled with multi monitors for years in all except FS2004.

Boomer.  They do NOT have to be the same resolution or the same size or the same type. I have 3 different resolutions and 2 portrait screens with 4 landscape screens in FS2004. I cannot get more than three screens going satisfactorily with any other sim as each screen has a huge impact on frame rates. I will clarify that. You can connect many many monitors to youtr GPU outputs and it has no further effect.  It is only when you dock or undock a view and move from the main screen to another screen that it has an impact.

Chock is right. If your GPU has three outputs (can be VGA+DVI+HDMI or Display Port) just plug them in direct from monitor to GPU. You can even use adapters to change them from VGA to DVI or HDMI or Display Port.  If you only have the one output then as Chock says, you have to use a Triple or double head to go. As far as I know, you cannot use both your GPU and on board graphics at the same time.

Further to the first paragraph. I do not know if using a triplehead2go and undocking a view to any of the three screens has an impact. Most users of that device use it to spread the main view over three screens. You can however, go to Views ... new view...virtual cockpit and dock that to either your left or right screen. It is then possible to manipulate your new virtual cockpit screen to give you a 90 degree view IE a view as seen through the right or left cockpit window. you can do the same with the other screen. EASY CAN. Impact on frame rates at the moment is forgotten by my aged and feeble mind. However, I have done in the past with FSX, FSX-SE and P3D v2 and 3

Even further to that is an enquiry.

With P3Dv4 is it actual resolution ie with triplehead2go (using one GPU output) 1920 x 1080 by three screens as opposed to the same resolution using three 1920 x 1080 resolution screens which is doing the FPS damage By that I mean, are you better off using the one output for three screens or three screens. Logically, I guess It would not matter very much given no impact until you actually put something on to the other screens.

This is/has been my experience over many years in an abortive attempt to get 6 screens up and running in my cockpit using Xplane or P3D or FSX. I may well be doing it all incorrectly but, as I keep saying 6 screens in my cockpit is my preferred configuration and until my experients yield some satisfactory results I have to remain with FS2004 where it is not a problem.

In the final analysis though, for the op, you are going to need at least my level of CPU, at least 8 and preferably 16GB RAM and probably at least a 4GB GPU with multiple outlets in order to drive your three screens.  They really are FPS hogs. As an example, I am running P3Dv4 at 55FPS with one screen on medium settings and very little in the way of add-ons. two screens get me down to about 35 and three screens come down to less than 20, with four screens I can walk from frame to frame faster than P3Dv4 can access them.

It is a huge drop.

Let us know how you get on and I really hope the above information is a help.

Regards

Tony

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Rocky,

How are you going mate?

Have we sorted out your problems or is there something else we can help to clarify?

Cheers

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.