Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[18OCT17] So what is going on at PMDG?

I think the "new functionality" is the ground taxi map for the ND, similar to the QW 787.

An EFB would be nice too as TOPCAT pretty much stopped updating their software with new aircraft, and that became a huge problem for users trying to find derates and performance data for the PMDG 777-300ER, without having to use P-Charts. Maybe a simulated Boeing OPT on a tablet, in the virtual cockpit?

1 hour ago, Avantime said:

I think the "new functionality" is the ground taxi map for the ND, similar to the QW 787.

An EFB would be nice too as TOPCAT pretty much stopped updating their software with new aircraft, and that became a huge problem for users trying to find derates and performance data for the PMDG 777-300ER, without having to use P-Charts. Maybe a simulated Boeing OPT on a tablet, in the virtual cockpit?

I understand that you are speculating and wishing about what PMDG will bring us in the future, but you are walking on thin ice here. Did you not read RSR's post above? At the minimum, you are petting the cat backwards.

"PMDG Should do [insert thing PMDG should do] because [option A: It is easy] [option B: some other product has it].  Please.  Don't."

Matt,

Lain is fine!  He didn't use either phrase!

Now... you did seem to equate me to a cat...  and I am really more of a dog person...  :cool:

• Upvote 2

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

4 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Matt,

Lain is fine!  He didn't use either phrase!

Now... you did seem to equate me to a cat...  and I am really more of a dog person...  :cool:

That's good to know. My apologies to Lain, and dog lovers everywhere 😀

When I think people are saying "PMDG Should do [insert thing PMDG should do] because [some other product has it]" I often cringe. It reminds me of the time I mistakenly said to my wife "You should do (insert innocent request) more like (insert her frient's name). Lesson learned the hard way.....

2 hours ago, MattS said:

That's good to know. My apologies to Lain, and dog lovers everywhere 

No worries, oh and by the way my name is Iain, with an I.

When I think people are saying "PMDG Should do [insert thing PMDG should do] because [some other product has it]" I often cringe.

Well someone's gotta push the hobby forward!

I hoped to see something about the J41 - but meh - ate least I know its in Beta and coming at some point for p3dv4 :-)

Nevertheless, looking forward to see the 747-8

Thank you

12 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

OMG HE JOKED ABOUT KILLING SEALS:  Yeah.  And some of you laughed.  Don't blame me for the fact that some people in this forum have a sick sense of humor.  I stole that club in order to save a seal and only decided later to use it on forum scofflaws...

(And some of you just laughed again!  <gasp>  #ReleaseTheOutrage! :tongue:)

11 hours ago, Boomer said:

There's too many seals anyhow.

There are also too many people. Where can I donate to Robert's Club People Club?

• Upvote 1

Why does my anxiety level always increase when I come to check the forums?  Thanks for the update RSR.  JS41 for P3D can't arrive quick enough.  

27 minutes ago, LittleBula80 said:

Why does my anxiety level always increase when I come to check the forums?

I have a shot of Jeremiah Weed before i come here and Im fine.  :-P

spacer.png

Hey.  Chris Honke.  You got some Jeremiah Weed? 

Loan me some, willya?

Pay-ya back later....

• Upvote 2

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

4 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Hey.  Chris Honke.  You got some Jeremiah Weed? 

Loan me some, willya?

Pay-ya back later....

Its in my freezer where it beings, brother Robert, come on up to Toronto and we can partake.

spacer.png

Ah OK gotcha...I'm at work saving the world from Internet crashes. ..

spacer.png

Well David, I’m guessing that like you I’m one of many that bought JS41 on the promise of Steam compatibility. They even added JS41-SE to the Op Centre ages ago. I now see they have silently removed it, it now just says FSX. It’s over 2 years since reading they were checking for SE compatibility in Feb 2015. I’ve seen references from a PMDG employee saying it was nearly ready years ago. To my knowledge they have never said it would not be made compatible with SE but their actions recently suggest it will not happen. Every time this question is asked it is ignored. I honestly have no idea why they do not say something or even acknoledge that their customers need answers after all this time. To my mind there really is no excuse for this behaviour.

Cheers,

• Upvote 2

howevr