Sign in to follow this  
tamsini

Can someone recommend an additional ssd?

Hello all, I would like to add an additional ssd on my aurora r5 which already has a 500gb ssd and a 1tb hdr. As many have recommended, I would like to install p3d on a separate ssd. After having a chat with Dell, they recommended an ssd with a ridiculous price of 850.00. I know that Alienware  is a bit touchy when it comes to adding hardware so I'm hoping someone can guide me. Would a Samsung such as the following link work well?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-850-evo-500gb-internal-serial-ata-solid-state-drive-for-laptops/1662009.p?skuId=1662009

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You mean pretty impressive? :laugh:

None problems with all evo. I read that someones is less expansive as crucial with software to dublicate the system.

But in this case for a small difference, I prefered the leader.

for the sims all hardwares are ssd

Also a +1 for Samsung EVO - that link you provided thouogh is for an internal laptop SSD. Although the workings *might* be the same, it might also not have the proper mounting holes. AS Simbol said - go for the pro.

Vic

56 minutes ago, tamsini said:

Hello all, I would like to add an additional ssd on my aurora r5 which already has a 500gb ssd and a 1tb hdr. As many have recommended, I would like to install p3d on a separate ssd. After having a chat with Dell, they recommended an ssd with a ridiculous price of 850.00. I know that Alienware  is a bit touchy when it comes to adding hardware so I'm hoping someone can guide me. Would a Samsung such as the following link work well?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-850-evo-500gb-internal-serial-ata-solid-state-drive-for-laptops/1662009.p?skuId=1662009

I can only say positive things about the Samsung SSDs. I have two drives a 500GB 750 EVO and a 1TB 850 EVO. They work flawlessly and are rapid.

If your budget can stretch to a 1TB drive or bigger, go for it! My 500GB would have already been filled with P3D files by now and I haven't even come close to adding all the payware scenery and aircraft that I have on my wishlist. (To be fair, I have a bit of photoscenery installed).