Sign in to follow this  
LouP

P3D v4.1 shutting down

Hi All,

Anyone else have an issue with p3d v4 shutting down in the middle of a flight.  I was making a flight from KBID (Block Island) to KBHB (Bar Harbor) vfr with both ORBX airports installed for those two locations in the Carenado Phenom 100 (w. navigraph installed),all seemed well, turned on final approach and.... black screen and p3d shutting down.  It's not the first time this has happened and it seems to occur with complex aircraft and scenery.  It's like I had an oom error but those have supposedly gone away with 64 bit simming.  Just wondering if I'm alone on this one.

LouP

Is there an error logged in the Windows Event Viewer?  That will usually tell you about crashes and something to look for.  Unfortunately for me I am having crashes without any error message in even viewer but this is on version 4.2.  I did not have these crashes with 4.0 or 4.1.  It seems in my case it's related to looking closely at the instrument panel using trackIR during the approach to a highly detailed area.  I am going to try troubleshooting to see if my hardware (which is relatively new) is being overloaded and causing a crash.  I just need to start doing some hardware monitoring during flights that I was not doing before.  I reinstalled 4.2 from scratch and still am having the crashes.  Of course the way to chase down these crashes is to disable all add-ons and go from default one by one through each add-on but I neither have the time or energy for that.  That would require multiple weeks of hours long flights to see if there is an add-on problem.....and I don't believe that there is because I am using only P3Dv4 compatible add-ons.  Anyway....long answer to your question but I would check the even viewer and if nothing is there then you may be looking at what I am seeing as well.

Brandon

Yesterday I suddenly began getting crashes out of P3d4.1. In my case flying the P777 out of OTBD. No add-on scenery in the area, no add-ons active besides UTII. It consistently occurs just about 5 minutes into flight/just after takeoff.

I've noticed that EVERY time P3d stops responding in the event viewer I'm seeing ESENT errors:

"The beta feature EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled in ESENT due to the beta site mode settings 0x800000"

It may be coincidental, but seems odd that the pattern appears to be an ESENT event (two) at the same instant that P3d hangs, and one immediately after the apphang even. All four occur in the same second. 

Very frustrating as I'm not certain if a windows update caused this but it seems to have begun all at once. 

Edited by sddjd

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

I'm going to check the Windows event viewer. What I can see is that my GPU (980TI) is getting pretty hot, 80'C. 

Actually when I turned down my settings a little it ran for about 3 hours last night without a crash, GPU still hot though.

ORBX global base/globalvector/openLC Europe and REX4 installed!

Keep u posted on the event viewer,

Caesar

Over the last week, I have tried 4x to get a flight in and all four have caused my computer to crash and restart. The only error I get is that the CPU is overheating. I have not changed anything since installing 4.2 so I am not sure what is going on. I have tried with and without wx engines running, and within 15-20min, every flight crashes. It is getting very frustrating as I can't figure out what is causing my CPU to overheat. I didn't have this problem prior to 4.2 so I am going to do some digging around online to see if others are having the same issue. 

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

On 29/3/2018 at 7:42 PM, sddjd said:

Yesterday I suddenly began getting crashes out of P3d4.1. In my case flying the P777 out of OTBD. No add-on scenery in the area, no add-ons active besides UTII. It consistently occurs just about 5 minutes into flight/just after takeoff.

I've noticed that EVERY time P3d stops responding in the event viewer I'm seeing ESENT errors:

"The beta feature EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled in ESENT due to the beta site mode settings 0x800000"

It may be coincidental, but seems odd that the pattern appears to be an ESENT event (two) at the same instant that P3d hangs, and one immediately after the apphang even. All four occur in the same second. 

Very frustrating as I'm not certain if a windows update caused this but it seems to have begun all at once. 

@sddjd Hi Dan, i am starting having same crash. Did you found any solution?

Thanks!!

Hi Alberto,

Good news and bad news- I reapplied the last couple Windows updates and seem to have eliminated the problem. I still see the ESENT entries in event viewer, but haven't had the same chronic P3D crashes. I've been able to leave the OTBD area as well, so while I suspect one of the updates may have been corrupt I can't say for certain. 

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."