jay907uk

777 crashes in P3Dv3

HI,

I've just reinstalled my 777 once again into P3Dv3. I entered my licence again which that process worked fine then it went to load the 777 but P3D just crashes and it doesn't load up the aircraft.

I've tried other aircraft and they do load without problems. I downloaded the files from my account and both are versions 1.10.8448. I'll await a further response to see if you require anything else

Windows 10, Intel i7-6700 cpu @3.40ghz, 64bit operating system

Thanks

Jason

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If P3D crashes, how about posting a screenshot of your EventViewer to determine what is causing that crash?

Hi Rick,

I'm sorry for not showing a screen shot I don't have any software on my pc.

I did think it was because I didn't have Microsoft net 4 on my computer so I  did try to install this but it said i had it on the computer despite not showing up in my Add/Remove programs

The below one is showing as .NET Runtime error

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-10-25T20:54:18.267300400Z" />

<EventRecordID>1994</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-RUIN9OT</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data>Application: Prepar3D.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 0381C5B0 Stack: at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.IntGetMessageW(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef, System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, Int32, Int32) at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.GetMessageW(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef, System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, Int32, Int32) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.GetMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef, IntPtr, Int32, Int32) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) at Views.AlertBox.P3DAlertBox.ProcessPendingWorkItems() at Views.AlertBox.P3DAlertBox.OnProgressPercentChanged(System.Object) at MenuModels.AlertBox.AlertData.set_ProgressCurrent(Double) at <Module>.P3DAlert.SetCurrent(P3DAlert*, Int32) at <Module>.P3DAlertSystem.UpdateModeless(Void*, Int32)</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

This one is an application error

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-10-25T20:54:18.731579700Z" />

<EventRecordID>1995</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-RUIN9OT</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>

<Data>3.4.22.19868</Data>

<Data>588f7cbf</Data>

<Data>unknown</Data>

<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>

<Data>00000000</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>0381c5b0</Data>

<Data>2100</Data>

<Data>01d34dd32be4e297</Data>

<Data>C:\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe</Data>

<Data>unknown</Data>

<Data>f6a39563-02e1-4dad-8438-3e655bb0b43e</Data>

<Data />

<Data />

</EventData>

</Event>

Thanks

Jason

By reinstall, does that mean you are using an older installer?  Try uninstalling the 777 and download the current installer from your PMDG account download history.  Install that and report back.  NET is installed by default on on Win10 systems.

EDIT:  Just re-read your post and you say you have current installer. I guess Bob might be of more help by pointing to the Microsoft update mess that has been a bummer for many.

Hi Dan,

I'm using the latest installers that show on my account. NET isn't showing in my add/Remove programs which is unusual. 

Do we have any idea of what to do regarding the post from Bob?

THanks

Jason

1 hour ago, jay907uk said:

I don't have any software on my pc.

You do not need any software to post screenshots. Just need to register on an image hosting site

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/

Bob's post alludes, as Dan has also pointed out that Microsoft have screwed things for us flightsimmers with a couple of Windows 10 Updates, and that's where Bob's post is pointing you to look into, and where you may be able to resolve your issue potentially.