Sign in to follow this  
jrw4

Advantages for PMDG users in P3D v4.1?

I may have lost track of this due to recent travels, but is there any particular advantage for those of us successfully using P3D v4.0 to update the client packages to v4.1? I have read the LM readme page, but there doesn't seem to be anything there that makes the update a "must do" item for me and my 737ngx/777-200LR install.

What have I missed?

Many thanks in advance.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

30 minutes ago, jrw4 said:

I may have lost track of this due to recent travels, but is there any particular advantage for those of us successfully using P3D v4.0 to update the client packages to v4.1? I have read the LM readme page, but there doesn't seem to be anything there that makes the update a "must do" item for me and my 737ngx/777-200LR install.

What have I missed?

Many thanks in advance.

I agree, I was disappointed too with the change list; however, I read separately that LM makes incremental improvement with every release with such things as use of multithreading and rendering so I elected to update client and content.  It only takes a few minutes, it doesn't break anything and it is free.  Why not?

People was looking forward to DL performance fix in 4.1 from LM with using other AA but sadly there was none. If 4.0 works fine for you stay with it, which would be my opinion.  

I would urge you do not stay behind... LM is evolving and working on this platform, continually making small changes under the hood.  There is no reason not to upgrade CLIENT and CONTENT.

I too was disappointed in the change list- instead of rain drops, I would have preferred additional multi-thread optimization and comprehensive GPU offload... but suprisingly, the multi-billion Dollar company (with a stapler budget larger than the GNP of several nations) didn't first call to ask my opinion.  ;)

Don't forget, that the VR environment is integral to their training program AND has its own afficianados.

I am NOT disappointed in the overall trend that LM has taken, and look forward to 4.2 (hopefully, with some of my chosen improvements).

C

John,

There is no compelling reason to fail to update to the latest version.

I understand that some users might hang back a week or so in order to make certain that nothing horrendous sneaks through the quality control process, but once the community sees an update is stable (as the 4.1 udpate is) then you are really only putting yourself at a disadvantage by waiting.

Performance continues to improve and the platform continues to grow more stable.  Both of those are positive attributes.

Thanks everyone for the thoughtful advice.

I did carry out the update using the LM instructions (client only this time around) and it seems to have worked flawlessly, Now if only my piloting skills matched that description.....

Cheers,

John