Sign in to follow this  
JYW

Stunning Norway trip (Bonanza F33)

Bergen (ENBR) to Orsta-Volda (ENVO)

I've been flying XP11 about 6 months now but it still blows me away, the quality and detail of FREE scenery that is available. Today I finished my Norway Ortho project, and along with Norway Pro (overlay) installed about 15 free Norwegian airfields from the ORG.

I'm sorry if it's controvercial to say but this blows Orbx Norway out of the water!  Pics don't capture the full beauty but click on them to see them a little larger.

112.jpg

212.jpg

312.jpg

412.jpg

512.jpg

612.jpg

712.jpg

812.jpg

• Upvote 6

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Looks like you've got everything you need to continue exploring and enjoying Norway.

John

• Upvote 1

What source did you use for Norway?  I'm looking to make that my next Ortho project.  Just finished New Zealand.

22 hours ago, jlindbe said:

What source did you use for Norway?  I'm looking to make that my next Ortho project.  Just finished New Zealand.

It was made using Ortho4XP.  With not requiring overlay (as I knew I'd be using Norway Pro for that), it was a very simple build.  I just used the standard BI setting, if that's what you mean, and these are only ZL16, so you can imagine how amazing it would look at ZL17 !!   ....sadly I don't have the disk space for that. :)

Well, consider that L16 at that latitude is almost L17 in southern europe.

2 hours ago, JYW said:

It was made using Ortho4XP.  With not requiring overlay (as I knew I'd be using Norway Pro for that), it was a very simple build.  I just used the standard BI setting, if that's what you mean, and these are only ZL16, so you can imagine how amazing it would look at ZL17 !!   ....sadly I don't have the disk space for that. :)

Thanks I was contemplating setting up to NO source, but if BI looks that good, I'll stick with that.  I usually do ZL16 with ZL17 around the airports, my 4TB external drive is filling up fast.