Sign in to follow this  
cptburgos

Create SID, STAR and APP procedures

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone...

Due to the lack of database for the GNS 430, it is possible create our own database to flight with lastest published procedures?.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Unfortunately no.  The GPS is based on a Garmin application, so you will need to be a Garmin subscriber to have the latest db.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Anxu00 said:

Unfortunately no.  The GPS is based on a Garmin application, so you will need to be a Garmin subscriber to have the latest db.

Thanks for your response, do you know where i can find info about this subscription? ... i would like to have the lastest database

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if you were willing to spend the $$, it's not clear that it's even possible to make a purchase without owning a 430 or 530.  The last time I looked into this, a purchase had to be tied to the serial number of an actual registered physical unit. 

Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:47 PM, tttocs said:

Even if you were willing to spend the $$, it's not clear that it's even possible to make a purchase without owning a 430 or 530.  The last time I looked into this, a purchase had to be tied to the serial number of an actual registered physical unit. 

Scott

That is true if buying from Garmin. I own real world a real world 750/650 in my Mooney and get my regional database from Jeppesen. I can't recall ever having to produce evidence of ownership when I originally ordered. If you were prepared to spend the money for a sim application then that may be an alternative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DavidP said:

That is true if buying from Garmin. I own real world a real world 750/650 in my Mooney and get my regional database from Jeppesen. I can't recall ever having to produce evidence of ownership when I originally ordered. If you were prepared to spend the money for a sim application then that may be an alternative.

Ah, thanks David.  That's good to know.  I never thought of checking through Jeppesen.

BTW, seriously jealous of your Mooney with 750/650!

Scott

Edit: Just checked prices and Holy Schnikies!  It's worse than I thought.  $595 for US only, and an additional $745 to add Canada and Alaska!  Certainly not out of line if you're actually using the RW avionics, but a bit nuts for sim use only.

Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tttocs said:

Just checked prices and Holy Schnikies!  It's worse than I thought.  $595 for US only, and an additional $745 to add Canada and Alaska!  Certainly not out of line if you're actually using the RW avionics, but a bit nuts for sim use only.

Doesn't surprise me - I have a Pacific regional database for not much less than that. Throw in Chartview subscription, G600 subscription as well and you're looking north of 1k a year. Hate to think what world coverage would cost - but then, if you have an aircraft that requires world coverage, then you should be able to afford that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this