Sign in to follow this  
cvearl

GNS 530/430 with Carenado planes?

1 minute ago, bills511 said:

Glad you got it working.

Been a long, long time since I've had a fully functional 530 in this airplane.  I can finally fly a beautiful high-flier again.  Thanks again!  Now, just need a good weather radar in her.

• Upvote 2

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

8 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Those four coordinate numbers...how do I adjust those?  E.g. are they position and sizes or coordinates?

Thank you Bill for your assistance on the forum! It is much appreciated!

As for the panel.cfg documentation, the best place to get all the details is the official SDK:

https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/panels_and_user_interface/panels/panel_configuration_files.html

It explains everything you'd need to know about the available parameters. You might want to take the time to read this, and when correlated with this discussion and the evolution of your panel.cfg file, this shall enlighten what this panel.cfg file is all about!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

50 minutes ago, RXP said:

It explains everything you'd need to know about the available parameters. You might want to take the time to read this, and when correlated with this discussion and the evolution of your panel.cfg file, this shall enlighten what this panel.cfg file is all about!

I think it would be nice to be able to have the clickspot to open the window be the glass of the 530, if that's possible.  When the airplane's bouncing around, that small clickspot on the bezel might be tough to hit.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Well, obviously you were in good hands here, and I'll have to take a closer look at what you had and what Bill has given you, but I'm curious as to why this glitched so badly for you.  As I mentioned earlier, getting mine going was fall-off-a-log simple.  Ran the Carenado 530-430 program.  Loaded the airplane.  Ran the RXP add-on to replace the old v1 references placed by the Carenado utility, set up the config file as desired and everything simply worked.  Flawlessly.

Odd.

Scott

15 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I think it would be nice to be able to have the clickspot to open the window be the glass of the 530, if that's possible.  When the airplane's bouncing around, that small clickspot on the bezel might be tough to hit.

This function is already there in both the GTN and the GNS V2:

; left mouse button popup ident  (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225).
popleft =
; right mouse button popup ident (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225).
popright =

Each panel.cfg window, in a [WINDOW##] can have an ident= setting. Just set the RXP 'pop' values to the same 'ident' value to enable toggling the window visibility. 'pop' settings accept both a numeric value, and a pre-defined ident label - see SDK for named labels).

When setting the 'pop' values to the [xxxx.DEFAULT] section of the RXP ini file, this enables the setting for all instances of the xxxx gauge.

Should you want to specialize a setting for a particular instance (say the once in the VC), you can add a 5th param to the RXP gauge##= line in the VC section, with a name of your choice (without spaces, like MY_POPUP), and create a new section in the RXP ini file in the form: [xxxx.name] (for example [GNS_530_1.MY_POPUP]

For example with Carenado aircraft:

panel.cfg:

[Window00]
ident=15531
gauge00=rxpGNS2!GNS_530_1, 0, 0,512,512,MY_POPUP
// gauge01=PA46350P!ToggleCAR530,  0,0,512,30  <- commented out, not needed anymore

[Vcockpit02]
gauge01=rxpGNS2!GNS_530_1, 8,337,493,358,MY_POPUP

RealityXP.GNS.ini:

[GPS_530_1.MY_POPUP]
; show screen only gauge if true.
nobezel = false
; screen only border size (pixels).
border.size = 0
; screen only border color (#RGB or #RGBA).
border.rgba = #000000
; display mouse tooltips if true.
tooltips = false
; enable mouse clickspots if true, disable if false.
usemouse = true
; auto-resize dimension (width,height)
refsize =
popleft = 15531
popright =

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

2 minutes ago, RXP said:

This function is already there in both the GTN and the GNS V2:

popleft =
popright =

Thanks.  I'll give it a try when I get back to my sim.

Gregg Seipp

11 hours ago, RXP said:

For example with Carenado aircraft:

panel.cfg:

[Window00]
ident=15531
gauge00=rxpGNS2!GNS_530_1, 0, 0,512,512,MY_POPUP
// gauge01=PA46350P!ToggleCAR530,  0,0,512,30  <- commented out, not needed anymore

[Vcockpit02]
gauge01=rxpGNS2!GNS_530_1, 8,337,493,358,MY_POPUP

RealityXP.GNS.ini:

[GPS_530_1.MY_POPUP]
; show screen only gauge if true.
nobezel = false
; screen only border size (pixels).
border.size = 0
; screen only border color (#RGB or #RGBA).
border.rgba = #000000
; display mouse tooltips if true.
tooltips = false
; enable mouse clickspots if true, disable if false.
usemouse = true
; auto-resize dimension (width,height)
refsize =
popleft = 15531
popright =

This works.  I can now click on the screen.  Thanks to Bill and Jean-Luc!

• Upvote 2

Gregg Seipp

This is a great thread.... full of great people!

• Upvote 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thank you everyone in here for the good support. I would like to install the gns 530 into the Carenado Beechcraft 1900D and will try the steps you posted above. Hopefully it works.  Thanks again and have a nice day:)

• Upvote 1

Hi Folks,

Yep... The RXP new installer software is slick...

My test bed is the venerable PC-12 with dual GTN-530's - with CROSSFILL !!!

It's working very well and installation took only a matter of seconds...

Job well done - Jean-Luc...

Regards,
Scott 

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

There Is one thing, which I didn‘t understand right now. Is it possible to Upgrade the navdata to the newest airac via navigraph?

christian

Hi Christian,

Nope - Navigraph doesn't support Garmin's proprietary format...

Only source is Garmin but it's prohibitively expensive for flight sim use...

I looked the other day on Garmin - and for my GNS - there is a "one time" database update for all of North America and it costs $150.00... Actual subscriptions - substantially more...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 9:00 AM, RXP said:

popleft = 15531

13 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

This works.  I can now click on the screen.  Thanks to Bill and Jean-Luc!

I can't believe how easy that was... I've been trying to figure this out for weeks.  (Maybe I should've RTFM? :unsure:)  BTW, I added a popup gnsv2 430 to my Carenado Phenom 100 and I modified the PFD Toggle gauge to popup the gns instead of the PFD and when I add popleft=15431 to the RealityXP.GNS.ini under [XXXX.Default] I can now unpop the gns by clicking the screen.  Thanks!

• Upvote 3

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

21 minutes ago, bbuckley said:

Maybe I should've RTFM

Or maybe I should WTFM (Write The Fine Manual) LOL.

On November 14, 2017 at 9:00 AM, RXP said:

On November 14, 2017 at 9:00 AM, RXP said:

ident15531

This is one case where the 'names' are self-implying a certain relationship, but it also implies being familiar with the panel.cfg terminology. For that matter, the User's Manual might not be enough and requires additional work/examples.

If anyone is willing to take on the challenge to rewrite the User's Manual chapter about the RealityXP.GNS.ini and the panel.cfg, I'd be more than willing to assist. With the knowledge that has been spread out in the forum about all these details, you might be better suited redacting such chapter because it would be from the point of view of the actual user, not the developer.

PS: I shall add the use of colour and bold face seems to help a lot as well!