Boomer

New CYYZ for P3dv4?

Recommended Posts

Anybody know if any developer is working on a new CYYZ?

The Fly Tampa one is getting a little dated now.

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That scenery is like 2 years old which is nothing and im sure FlyTampa will continue to update it.

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Boomer said:

The Fly Tampa one is getting a little dated

I'm neither from Toronto nor even from Canada, Chris, but out of curiosity: whai is dated about the FlyTampa version?

Share this post


Link to post

Released in 2015 and never recompiled for P3Dv4 64 bit, just some file updates to patch overtop of the base version.

Share this post


Link to post

A little dated? How much has changed there? FlyTampa's YYZ works great in P3D V4x.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Dave_YVR said:

A little dated? How much has changed there? FlyTampa's YYZ works great in P3D V4x.

Ah then you know this first hand?

Share this post


Link to post

I fly from there regularly in v4, great airport  and works great in v4.

There’s been no major external changes at YYZ since 2015.

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Ah then you know this first hand?

First hand that it works well in V4? Or what has changed so much that it requires an update already? Don't get me wrong, I'd love for airports to get updated every couple years. 

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I fly from there regularly in v4, great airport  and works great in v4.

There’s been no major external changes at YYZ since 2015.

What about the issue with Dynamic Light in the PMDG 777 and airport scenery not native to V4?  FlyTampa provided patch files for PAPI lights etc. but it's not clear if the DL performance issue exists with these patches or not.  Can you comment on that topic?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Anxu00 said:

What about the issue with Dynamic Light in the PMDG 777 and airport scenery not native to V4?  FlyTampa provided patch files for PAPI lights etc. but it's not clear if the DL performance issue exists with these patches or not.  Can you comment on that topic?

Flying into FT CYYZ at night with the NGX's landing lights on and having no performance issues at all. Personally, I've never noticed any difference in performance between non-v4 and v4 SDK compiled airports. Just don't use SSAA settings at night but switch down to 8xMSAA which won't make that much of a difference at night, visually.

My only gripe about the scenery is that it's kind of a performance hog, even with low resolution textures installed.

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, threegreen said:

it's kind of a performance hog, even with low resolution textures installed.

That's true but I remember Martin of FlyTampa explaining that there is something in the Toronto area which makes it an FPS hog area in general.
They apparently did all the performance tricks but are aware of CYYZ still being heavy.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Rafal said:

That's true but I remember Martin of FlyTampa explaining that there is something in the Toronto area which makes it an FPS hog area in general.
They apparently did all the performance tricks but are aware of CYYZ still being heavy.

I thought it was an area heavy on VAS? Anyway, there's certainly tons of autogen in the GTA, even at lower settings.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, threegreen said:

I thought it was an area heavy on VAS?

I think both, as often is, but in P3Dv4 VAS seems to be irrelevant. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Rafal said:

I think both, as often is, but in P3Dv4 VAS seems to be irrelevant. ;)

Yes, bit you can still get stutters.

Share this post


Link to post

I just wish FT would release v4 installers.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now