Sign in to follow this  
helberger

My Traffic 6 In P3D V4

Hello,

Just installed P3D V4 for the 1st time, and I am trying to setup MyTraffic 6 in P3D. I have it already installed in FSX SE, so If

I try to install again it gives me option for Repair, Modify. So how can I easily make this work in P3D, if this is indeed the case.

I tried already the instructions found here by a Poppet, but not having much luck.

Any Help available please.

Thanks,

Helmut

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

You don't have to reinstall.  You can copy the folder from FSX:se (or even just point to it directly in the xml).  There's a post that explains how to add it via add-on.xml and also which models to delete as they're only FS9 models and will not work with P3Dv4.1.  I'm traveling until friday - if no one else replies, please remind me to help hunt up the details for you.  

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Thanks for your help, I have already spend hours to fix this, created an add-on.xml file and pointed it to the folder where myTraffic is installed but no

luck. BTW I followed that post you are talking about. There is something I am not doing right but what??

Thanks

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

Make sure mytraffic loads before default traffic and vehicles in your scenery order.

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Thanks,

I have disabled the default traffic.bgl to off so it won't load.

Helmut Berger

2 hours ago, helberger said:

Thanks for your help, I have already spend hours to fix this, created an add-on.xml file and pointed it to the folder where myTraffic is installed but no

luck. BTW I followed that post you are talking about. There is something I am not doing right but what??

Thanks

Traffic sliders set above 0?

You could also try using the Lorby-Si Addon Tool to configure layering and the XML.

Kind regards

3 hours ago, Gridley said:

You don't have to reinstall.  You can copy the folder from FSX:se (or even just point to it directly in the xml).  There's a post that explains how to add it via add-on.xml and also which models to delete as they're only FS9 models and will not work with P3Dv4.1.  I'm traveling until friday - if no one else replies, please remind me to help hunt up the details for you.  

Will my traffic update the FS9 Models to work with 4.1. I miss my cargo traffic. I am using UT Live right now until they update. 

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

5 hours ago, Tokitaumelie said:

Traffic sliders set above 0?

Hello Helmut

Yes make sure your Traffic sliders are above 0,   Try 10 \ 15 % to give you a happy place between performance and visuals.

-----------

Here are some other things to consider......... 

Have you set up MyTraffic 6 using the add-on.xml file ?  Are you getting the option to "Enable" Mytraffic 6 when you launch Prepar3D ? 

The add-on.xml file should be this add-on.xml    Maybe your says this add-on.xml.txt

Insure you have this box Un-Ticked like  Like This  in File Explorer Options  

Un-Tick the box in File Explorer Options and then go back and look at your add-on.xml file,  If it says this add-on.xml.txt ?  Just remove the .txt and save it

Then launch Prepar3D and test  

------------

Where do you have MyTraffic 6  Installed ?   Look at the 2 <Path>'s in your add-on.xml file

The add-on.xml file below is for a default C drive Install only. 

Check your Install location again and Insure you have Inputted the correct spelling and spaces   

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
<AddOn.Name>MyTraffic6</AddOn.Name>
<AddOn.Description>MyTraffic6</AddOn.Description>

<AddOn.Component>
<Category>SimObjects</Category>
<Path>C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft</Path>
</AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Scenery</Category>
<Path>C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic</Path>
<Name>MyTrafficScenery</Name>
<Layer>114</Layer>
</AddOn.Component>

</SimBase.Document>

8 hours ago, phoenixphire said:

Will my traffic update the FS9 Models to work with 4.1. I miss my cargo traffic. I am using UT Live right now until they update. 

I'm using mt6 on p3d4.1 and have no issues with cargo traffic.  Only issues were with military... so those were turned off.  The new KSDF is full of UPS heavys

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Yep, cargo works great, and Poppets instructions should work well (that's what I followed). For those who haven't tried it, XML installation is simpler than it sounds 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Hi,

I managed to have Mytraffic 6 working in P3D v4.1, the mistake I made was that I saved the addon, xml file with txt extension and not as xml.

Working fine and running well in P3d V4.1.

Thanks for all the help.

• Upvote 1

Helmut Berger