Sign in to follow this  
ssair1

Camera Work!

Dear Members,

So, I've taken the leap from XPLANE here! Hope all goes well... :) Let's just say it's been expensive so far :) Can I assign my mouse, right click button, to control the camera? Can I assign the scroll wheel for zooming? How do I save a certain view? And how can I recenter my camera after panning around?

Best,
SSAIR1

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

2 minutes ago, ssair1 said:

Dear Members,

So, I've taken the leap from XPLANE here! Hope all goes well... :) Let's just say it's been expensive so far :) Can I assign my mouse, right click button, to control the camera? Can I assign the scroll wheel for zooming? How do I save a certain view? And how can I recenter my camera after panning around?

Best,
SSAIR1

Not to make you buy yet another add-on, but really if you want that level of control over the camera you are going to want to buy Chaseplane from FSFX Packages. The default cameras are OK but not very customize-able. Best of luck and welcome to the P3D family!

Curious, what made you switch?

• Upvote 2

Thank you; there are a lot more detailed aircraft for P3D and I'm an avid sim enthusiast that likes to keep all options open :) I've already purchased chase plane as well, just getting overwhelmed with the learning curve. I just want to be able to right click the mouse for looking around the cockpit and saving certain camera views. 

Best,  

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

Welcome to P3D! I can also recommend ChasePlane, it's one of the must have addons for P3D! I'm also an ex X-Plane user who has moved to P3D!

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, ssair1 said:

Dear Members,

Best,
SSAIR1

Try AivlaSoft Simple Cam (just Google it since I can't provide direct link based on AvSim term of service) That product give you 10 cameras.  Chase Plane added special effects like shakes etc.  and is more expensive, require an active internet connection to work.  I just like camera and can do not care all the extra bells and whistle.  Plus Simple Cam is much cheaper, and has a 7 days trial period. 

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

3 hours ago, ssair1 said:

Can I assign my mouse, right click button, to control the camera? Can I assign the scroll wheel for zooming? How do I save a certain view? And how can I recenter my camera after panning around?

While holding down spacebar you can use mouse to move view movement and scroll wheel for zooming. Ctrl + spacebar will recenter the cockpit view.

• Upvote 1

Thank you, everyone, for the wonderful support. 

Best,

Regards,

Shelman S.