Agovico261

Is there a way to create realistic routes with FlightRadar 24?

To begin, the two things I use to create routes is flightaware and FsBuild. I get the route from flight aware and input it into FsBuild to build a flight plan for Fs2004 and my fmc or fmgs. Flight aware is getting increasingly inaccurate for routes to Asia and Europe.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/117132-route-analysis-with-fr24-and-skyvector/

This article shows that by using csv files (csv files contain location (lat,long), alt, etc.) from flight radar 24, you can use the csv of a historical flight and put it into an excel file the author made and it would put out coordinates that could be used in freeware and payware flight planning software (e.g.. Sky vector, FsBuild, etc).

My question is: Is there an easier way to get a realistic flight plan without going through all of this hassle (and not using flight aware)?

If there is absolutely no way to do this, please just post it isn't possible.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Routefinder allows you to find real flightplans/routes across the world.

Cheers, Ed

On FR24, you can download the GPS coordinates of historic flights and load them up in Google Earth. Then, somewhere on the web I found a script a guy had written that converts Navigraph data into Google Earth files. I then loaded both up in Google Earth and was able to superimpose FR24 actual flights over a map of tracks/waypoints. I use this whenever I have been on a flight to try and work out what the route was I took.

Quite a fun exercise!