Sign in to follow this  
caleb1

Hat Switch Only Working in One Direction In v4

I just started using v4, and am noticing that the hat switch on my Saitek yoke for changing the view is only working in the up direction.  I would think that it would be my yoke wearing out, but I do not have this problem in v3, so it is not the yoke wearing out.

Does anyone have any advice as to how to fix this?  I have calibrated my yoke in P3D but still have the same problem.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Simulators:  Prepar3D v3.4, Prepar3D v4.5, FSX:SE, FSX:Gold Edition

Using the FSX Deluxe Edition SDK SP2 for development.

Me too. Please pm me if you ever find a solution.

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Interesting.  Now that I know that it's not just me, I am now more convinced that this is a bug.  I will post this as a bug report over at P3D's website.

And just to be more specific, this has started happening right after I have deleted my generated files and let Prepar3D re-generate them.  If that has anything to do with it.

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

I'm still looking for ideas here.

Thanks.

Caleb Byers

Try checking if your hat switch is indeed set up as "View (pan)" in "Options - Key Assignments".

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

This bug happens if you use an A2A plane in your default scenario. Thought they have fixed it... Also Ezdok can be the cause of this, but also this should have been fixed a long time ago... Maybe you miss one of those updates?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

29 minutes ago, AnkH said:

This bug happens if you use an A2A plane in your default scenario. Thought they have fixed it... Also Ezdok can be the cause of this, but also this should have been fixed a long time ago... Maybe you miss one of those updates?

A2A Plane as a default flight.  That was it.  Would have never guessed it.  Thanks.

Caleb Byers

Hi Caleb

Just reinforcing or confirming your Eureka moment!

this happened to me exactly when using 'Logitech extreme3dpro' joystick ...... but actually I now know that is irrelevant; at the time I was nearly on my way thro the front door to get a new joystick!

To resolve it at the time I just accepted I was gonna start up in a jet in a USA airbase; and then construct my scenario. (At least I knew then it wasn't a joystick issue)

Until recently, when I searched "how to change P3D default start up location and airplane". This search pops up in our beloved AVSIM!! Try it Caleb.

One of the contributors answers our question, to the effect that you must use any one of the default P3D planes  i.e. not an addon plane e.g. the fab A2A range.

I now startup, everytime, using the P3D default piper arrow in Birmingham airport UK. From here I can construct my scenario ;  this is the opportunity to select an addon e.g real air turbo duke (wow!)

Best wishes,

Rod

PS P3Dv4 plus Orbx is absolutely wonderful. This morning I flew C441 across Welsh mountains and landed in misty Swansea. Just  great! So realistic and immersive.

• Upvote 1

Sadly, I can confirm that this bug still exists as of June 2018.  I have a clean new P3Dv4 installation on a clean new PC.  Today, I installed the A2A Comanche. All went well in a few test flights, and, since I planned to work with it a lot in the weeks ahead, I set up a scenario using that plane at my home airport and set it as my default.

Next thing I knew I was getting all sorts of bizarre behavior with the hat switch on my stick, and attempts to re-set the proper commands just made it worse. . . . and the messed-up action applied across all my planes.

Testing the stick with Xplane on a different computer confirmed that the switch itself was still working just fine.

It's really disappointing that a bug like this has been public knowledge for at least 7 or 8 months and hasn't been fixed. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spoffo said:

Sadly, I can confirm that this bug still exists as of June 2018.  I have a clean new P3Dv4 installation on a clean new PC.  Today, I installed the A2A Comanche. All went well in a few test flights, and, since I planned to work with it a lot in the weeks ahead, I set up a scenario using that plane at my home airport and set it as my default.

Next thing I knew I was getting all sorts of bizarre behavior with the hat switch on my stick, and attempts to re-set the proper commands just made it worse. . . . and the messed-up action applied across all my planes.

Testing the stick with Xplane on a different computer confirmed that the switch itself was still working just fine.

It's really disappointing that a bug like this has been public knowledge for at least 7 or 8 months and hasn't been fixed. 

Is an A2A plane set as the Default flight?  If so, it should not be.

This is something that is beyond A2A's and P3D's control and that we should not use complex planes as default flights.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=64135

Caleb Byers

Wow Thanks.. do you know how many hours I spent looking in my flight sim ,computer -Logitech. Oh man and its the stinkin A2A. I never put the 2 together I installed the the Beach Bonanza its so nice to fly I set it as my default. 

Thank you Guys!!!

On 11/22/2017 at 7:28 AM, AnkH said:

I'm so happy I found this thread!  This was exactly it for me!  

I knew it had something to do with A2A.  

I just bought the C172 and also upgraded to x52 because all the pots on x45 were going out.  Thought it might be the stick at first.

Anyhow, hit several other threads over a few days and finally hit the right one!

Woot!

Hello,

Saving an A2A aircraft in a default P3D flight is not a bug, it is user error.

The only joke is being able to read all of this topic and the linked posts and not understanding that.

Edited by Reader
  • Upvote 1

It is said that...   "The Only Stupid Question is a Question not Asked."

So with that said, one has to realize that there are varied levels of sim experiences and age levels out there and that is what forums are for.  

I, for one, had this problem years ago and forgot about the use of complex aircraft as default.

Thank you for this thread as a reminder.

Just remember " You Can't Soar with the Eagles if you're out Hooting with the Owls"

Brooks Ingersoll 

"You can't soar with the Eagles if you're out hooting with Owls"

Windows 11 P3Dv4/5 FSXSE XPlane MSFS2020, B450 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C02) 1.0 MB, AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor
8176MB ATI AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (MSI)Graphics Card,64GB Dual-Channel RAM , EVGA G3 750 W 80+ ATX Power Supply