Sign in to follow this  
Matthew James de Bohun

Rex present Skyforce.

Well J I will let you know :cool:

So what do you think this shows? read the text at the bottom!

Also note the 1509 models to load. That's nothings like loading 1 set of soft clouds or the one set you use.

But Please tell me what your common since tells us about that screen.

It looks to me that it's preparing a lot of options to be used, not one set of anything. Nothing like loading 1 texture set and one upper layer its loading 1509 models.

But who know until we get it. It's all assumptions. 

rex.jpg

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Only question which remains for me: Does " Real-Time Sync Mode: ON " work with ASP4 weather engine?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 minute ago, Nemo said:

Only question which remains for me: Does " Real-Time Sync Mode: ON " work with ASP4 weather engine?

Reed said "Everything" works with other weather engines apart from their own weather engine. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Reed said "Everything" works with other weather engines apart from their own weather engine. 

Then why did they spend R&D funding the development of their own weather engine.   There must be a difference in HOW things work.  That's what I want to know.  What is the added value of using the REX engine over the others.

• Upvote 2

Just now, ErichB said:

Then why did they spend R&D funding the development of their own weather engine. 

For people that dont have one? It's not just for us few hundred on here :biggrin:

Or he was lying? I don't think REX would go there do you Erich?

• Upvote 1

About the cloud model having their own texture. At least that's why interpret by follow statement. I did make a screenshot, but it appears I can't upload it here. Anyway I will copy/paste REX's statement on facebook. It's a reply to the question if Sky Force would use the same texture injection system as the other weather software:

"Sky Force is different. It isn't about cloud textures anymore it is about cloud models. They cloud models change in sync not the textures anymore. No need for syncing cloud textures because we have removed the need for that."

Shall we all wait and see. :biggrin:

Just now, Nyxx said:

Or he was lying? 

That's not the implication at all.

Just now, ErichB said:

That's not the implication at all.

You edited your reply. :cool:

Well it might be as simple as they both work but REX's will not show in PMDG/FSL. 

If it is going to give different weather that's a different story but then the "everything works" would not be true or only half true.

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well it might be as simple as they both work but REX's will not show in PMDG/FSL. 

If it is going to give different weather that's a different story but then the "everything works" would not be true or only half true.

I did  - before i saw your reply.

Anyway.  It's all pointless until we see it I guess. Hopefully not long  to go.

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well if both use real weather then it will hardly be so far apart. If both used the same source then it would be pretty much the same... apart from maybe how it looks out the window. And even if they used different sources, it will most probably only come down to how much information is given to the engine... where one may be more precise than the other. In any case if it's all about precision I would be happy to use Sky Force along with Active Sky as long as I could still get the new cloud system that comes with Sky Force. Doesn't really matter if a specific cloud is 10nm away from where it should be.

I think this topic has run its course and evolved into deep speculation and argument.  It is good that we know about new products incoming to our membership and that was the original purpose of the topic.  Yeah!  Another product in the offing and it's Christmas!!  Now we are insinuating the developer's are lying?  Total assumptions as the product has not been released and innuendo that has little or no value to this conversation and I see no value left in it.  Thanks for everyone's energetic discussions and observatons!  Topic locked.

• Upvote 4

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10