Sign in to follow this  
jt233

Procedures for Kai Tak

Hello does anyone know where I can find the info so that I can add the airport with  sids and stars into the fmc database as well as the igs info?

Thanks

Jason Thiers

Kai Tak is closed long time ago.. you need to google old charts.

Navigraph wouldnt have any...

Hello;

Go to this web site,they have VHHX Nav Data for certain aircraft.

www.vapap.com

14 minutes ago, Johan_Dees said:

Kai Tak is closed long time ago.. you need to google old charts.

Navigraph wouldnt have any...

So I guess when I installed AIRAC 1712, the procedures for the airport just happened to install itself in the process? You're right, before, they didn't include it, but they did in 1712. Even the QualityWings 787 has it for AIRAC 1712, and the 787 is never going to fly there in the real world.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

4 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

So I guess when I installed AIRAC 1712, the procedures for the airport just happened to install itself in the process? You're right, before, they didn't include it, but they did in 1712. Even the QualityWings 787 has it for AIRAC 1712, and the 787 is never going to fly there in the real world.

He was talking about the charts :D they aren‘t included in navigraph. But you ger them with the Fly Tampa airport for example.

1 hour ago, Ephedrin said:

He was talking about the charts :D they aren‘t included in navigraph. But you ger them with the Fly Tampa airport for example.

Yes, Navigraph wouldn't have the charts, but the original question also asked about the navigation data, which is the question I was responding to.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

3 hours ago, jt233 said:

Hello does anyone know where I can find the info so that I can add the airport with  sids and stars into the fmc database as well as the igs info?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

1 hour ago, Ephedrin said:

Thanks I have Fly Tampa VHHX and know its has the charts but want to be able to easily select my approach in the fmc and have all the data entered.  Also thanks to the other poster I will check out Navigraph.

Jason Thiers

2 hours ago, jt233 said:

Thanks I have Fly Tampa VHHX and know its has the charts but want to be able to easily select my approach in the fmc and have all the data entered.  Also thanks to the other poster I will check out Navigraph.

Raw data is much more better. :smile:

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

8 hours ago, Bluestar said:

Raw data is much more better. :smile:

blaustern

Raw data doesn‘t put an airport into your system... of course you can program a route to VHHH... but that‘s even less realistic than anything else...

5 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Raw data doesn‘t put an airport into your system... of course you can program a route to VHHH... but that‘s even less realistic than anything else...

I flew B707s into Kai Tak for years using nothing but raw data.  Why don't you tell us about your experience flying in there.  :smile:

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

35 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

I flew B707s into Kai Tak for years using nothing but raw data.  Why don't you tell us about your experience flying in there.  :smile:

blaustern

Fine what you did. That‘s what you do with a 707.

but then you don‘t need a 747-400, 737NG or 777. they have the capability of drawing it and you very likely won‘t have to land it on any airport you don‘t have in your database exept in an emergency.

2 hours ago, Bluestar said:

Why don't you tell us about your experience flying in there.

I hope you will describe your experiences, and particularly your technique, in detail!  Is this more or less the right idea for Runway 13?

Approach Cheung Chau (CH) VOR at 8000; fly CH 270 radial to CH DME 7 descending to 6000, if slower than 180 knots turn right to Sha Lo Wan (SL) NDB, crossing SL turn to course 45o, if greater than 180 turn right to 45o -- for both courses descending to 4500; then intercept KL IGS localizer and glideslope.  The chart also gives descent instructions if the GS is not available;  Then of course turn right following lead-in lights or visual cues (including Checkerboard) to line up with runway.

I'm not sure what to do if the KL localizer is not available as I don't see any other navaid that is lined up with the approach course (up until the final right turn).  Are there landmarks for a purely visual approach from the beginning of the 88o descent path?

Thanks,

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2