Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Oil Temperature After Engine Start

Hello,

On recent 3 or 4 flights with all PMDG birds (especially 747)I have started to experience very strange issue - the oil temperature on one of the engine does not rise, even though all engines are running. When I push throttle, N1/N2 and EGT for engine number 1 remain the same, while the engine itself is running. The same happened one day with NGX and T7. Your help regarding how to solve this issue would be much appreciated as I ran out of options. The screen of the situation is attached

Thanks

Dmitriy Toropov

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zeb6690facp8im1/Capture.JPG?dl=0

Hi,

Which panel state are you loading the aircraft with?

Does it happen if you load the aircraft with another panel state?

If no, then it is a corrupted panel state issue. In this case, delete the faulty panel state and recreate one from the default panel state.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I'm using Long Turn PS 100% of the time and I have been using this PS for ages for all PMDG planes. The situation such as I described above, started to happen only recently, in KSEA/PANJ/PAKT region in a cold temperatures.

Hi Dmitriy,

As Romain proposed, load your aircraft with the default panel state, then power down to a long state and save that state.  Then restart FS and load the AC with your saved PS.  Check if the problem persists.

With recent updates of PMDG many systems are affected by corrupt panel states, only the default PS seems to survive:cool: ...

Can you remember wath was changed on your system that could affect this behaviour?  Your flight in cold temperatures will certainly not change or affect your panel states.

2 hours ago, headley said:

With recent updates of PMDG many systems are affected by corrupt panel states, only the default PS seems to survive:cool: ...

Headley,

Long Turn PS is the DEFAULT PMDG panel state. One of four default panel states that come with each plane (NGX/T7/747). I do not use custom PS created in the past, only those made by PMDG

Thanks

Dmitriy Toropov

5 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Headley,

Long Turn PS is the DEFAULT PMDG panel state. One of four default panel states that come with each plane (NGX/T7/747). I do not use custom PS created in the past, only those made by PMDG

Thanks

Dmitriy Toropov

Dmitriy,

Long Turn is not the default panel state. Default Panel state is the one named default and is the one with engines running. Please load this, shutdown the aircraft at the state you want and save this to a new panel state. Use the new one from now on to see if the issue is there.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Chris, 

maybe a dumb question, but is it that much work to send out a micro update with new states? Many people who came in with issues have been told for months to save new panel states... maybe I am missing something, but I guess that would be a lot faster and easier than telling people the same again and again... 

:)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

Chris, 

maybe a dumb question, but is it that much work to send out a micro update with new states? Many people who came in with issues have been told for months to save new panel states... maybe I am missing something, but I guess that would be a lot faster and easier than telling people the same again and again... 

:)

Marc, Unfortunately for this particular case it is not as easy as it looks, otherwise we would have done it. Sorry but currently can't go in more details regarding this.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

7 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

Marc, Unfortunately for this particular case it is not as easy as it looks, otherwise we would have done it. Sorry but currently can't go in more details regarding this.

No problem, when you say it‘s not that easy I‘m fine wih the answer... :)

2 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

Headley,

Thanks

Dmitriy Toropov

An easy way to load the 747 with default panel is to move temparily all the panel states from the PMDG 747 panel state folder to a backup folder and start the Sim. If you launch a flight with the panel folder empty, the default panel will be used.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

2 hours ago, Budbud said:

An easy way to load the 747 with default panel is to move temparily all the panel states from the PMDG 747 panel state folder to a backup folder and start the Sim. If you launch a flight with the panel folder empty, the default panel will be used.

Hi Romain,

Are you sure about this?  Removing all panel states?  I thought I had earlier asked this question,  if after deleting all panel states they will be build again after the first restart of the respective PMDG-plane?  Answer that i got was no!  Only option then was to let the installer run again and repair the installation.

I looked for that thread but could not find it for now (Avsim seems to not coöperate for the moment with very slow respons times ...)

17 minutes ago, headley said:

Are you sure about this?  Removing all panel states?  I thought I had earlier asked this question,  if after deleting all panel states they will be build again after the first restart of the respective PMDG-plane?  Answer that i got was no! 

There are two different things here:

_ If you move the panel states files out of the panel state folder, the 747 will load with the default panel (engines running), I have done it a couple of times.

_ The panel states will NOT be rebuilt. That's why I advised you to move them to a backup folder and not delete them for the purpose of the test.

Once you have confirmed that one of the panel state is corrupted, you can move the other panel state files back into the panel state folder.

For the one corrupted, you can delete it since it creates problems. If you want to have a panel state with the aircraft in the same condition, then you have to load the aircraft with the default state, configure it to your liking and save the new panel state done.

I don't know where is saved the default panel state, but it loads even with not panel state file in the panel state folder... it might be the reason why there is no known occurence of that one being corrupted.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

7 minutes ago, Budbud said:

I don't know where is saved the default panel state, but it loads even with not panel state file in the panel state folder... it might be the reason why there is no known occurence of that one being corrupted.

OK, that makes sense, thanks for clarifying this.

Ok,

Thanks for the tips, folks. Here is the plan.

1. Load the Queen.

2. Manually turn the panel into either C&D or the state of my preference.

3. Save the panel state.

4. Exit the P3D and load the new panel state.

5. Test it and report back.

Sounds correct?

Thanks

Dmitriy