Sign in to follow this  
klamal

Clacton VOR area HUGE stutters!

I'm not sure if this is a OpenLC or Vector issue with Orbx or if this was in default P3D/FSX but I get major stutters in the area around the Clacton VOR in the UK.  Did a quick search but couldn't find a fix.  Anyone else experience this and have a fix?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

5 minutes ago, tooting said:

On V4. 1??

Yeah, I'm on v4.1 now.  But I believe this has been there for a long time and is not version specific.  I'm not 100% sure on that though.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

I have had this also in every version of flight sim. You might try posting on the official prepar3d forums so LM could look into it and fix it if they find a problem.

Could it be due to the proximity of several airports - Heathrow being one of them, not to mention the capitol city itself?

... and this perhaps?

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/510296-20-years-on-and-prime-meridian-problem-still-exists/

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

They wont.  You will never ever ever ever get LM to admit the London area is unoptimised and is an absolute mess.  

14ppkc-6.png

4 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Could it be due to the proximity of several airports - Heathrow being one of them, not to mention the capitol city itself?

... and this perhaps?

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/510296-20-years-on-and-prime-meridian-problem-still-exists/

I don’t think it’s due to the proximity of the airports. I can fly all around the London area just fine. It’s only when flying around the Clacton VOR. I always hate flying any of the CLN departures out of the London airports because I know I’m going to have about 10-15 minutes of horrible performance while I pass this area.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

6 hours ago, Litmoose said:

Got Vector installed? Maybe the big offshore wind farm there causing it.

Didn’t know there was one there as I’m never that low in this area either. I’m usually above FL100 by this VOR on one of the CLN departures out of EGKK or something. Can they be turned off? I don’t remember. 

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Did you try the fix in the Orbx thread that Claude linked to?

I've downloaded it but wont have a chance to test before bed.

Steve Weeks

1 hour ago, weeksy said:

Did you try the fix in the Orbx thread that Claude linked to?

I've downloaded it but wont have a chance to test before bed.

Not yet.  No.  It's been a while since I last tried to log in to the Orbx forums.  I think the last time I tried, I was unable to log in for some reason but I'll have to give it another shot when I get some time this week.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

It has nothing to do with any nearby airports or windfarms. It is obviously an inherited bug in the very core of the simulation. No matter how low or high one flies it is still there. There are no big airports in the immediate area. I've no issues at or around the big airports such as LGW , LHR or STN anyways - yet approaching the Clacton VOR, even from the sea induces these very odd stutters that get worse when looking outside. If I move the camera onto the instrument panel with no outside landscape in view it gets better but looking outside, especially going into wing view increases the stuttering. And then once leaving the area behind it gets back to normal. I had this issue in FSX, P3D v3 and now in V4.1 as well, it seems to be a resident evil.

Edited by kityatyi

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

cvx_FTX_EU_ENG_water_4813

On 1/7/2018 at 2:54 AM, Boeing or not going said:

I have had this also in every version of flight sim. You might try posting on the official prepar3d forums so LM could look into it and fix it if they find a problem.

I reported that issue over a year ago and there has been no reply or effort by OrbX to fix the problem.

If one has the OrbX EU area, you will not experience the problem. The problem is in the file " "4813_WTR_Waterbodies.bgl" found in the OrbX\FTX_Vector\FTX_VECTOR_CVX\scenery folder.

When the EU region is installed that file is not used. Instead a file named "cvx_FTX_EU_ENG_water_4813.bgl" is ued in that area and does not have any issues.

Paul

• Upvote 1

Wide-5.jpg

31 minutes ago, Gypsy Baron said:

cvx_FTX_EU_ENG_water_4813

I reported that issue over a year ago and there has been no reply or effort by OrbX to fix the problem.

If one has the OrbX EU area, you will not experience the problem. The problem is in the file " "4813_WTR_Waterbodies.bgl" found in the OrbX\FTX_Vector\FTX_VECTOR_CVX\scenery folder.

When the EU region is installed that file is not used. Instead a file named "cvx_FTX_EU_ENG_water_4813.bgl" is ued in that area and does not have any issues.

Paul

I have the troubled file, not the EU ENG water file. You have FTX England? I do not, I have OpenLC Europe only