Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

P3Dv4 - AI ERJ’s ?

6 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Since I took a good three year break from the hobby, it was all new to me and confusing as heck.

I haven't taken a break and it is still confusing as heck for me.

I guess the biggest confusion on my part is all of this popped up when V4 came out. I know the models were the primary issue but then people started talking about updating textures. I had FS9 and FSX AI running in FSX with no issue except some prop textures. If the models are the only issue, couldn't In take all of my paints, FSX or FS9, assign them to converted models and be good? It sure doesn't sound like it. Will the FSX models accept .bmp's?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

33 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

I haven't taken a break and it is still confusing as heck for me.

I guess the biggest confusion on my part is all of this popped up when V4 came out. I know the models were the primary issue but then people started talking about updating textures. I had FS9 and FSX AI running in FSX with no issue except some prop textures. If the models are the only issue, couldn't In take all of my paints, FSX or FS9, assign them to converted models and be good? It sure doesn't sound like it. Will the FSX models accept .bmp's?

I've cannibalized some textures from the World-of-AI packages, updated the models and I'm all set in v4. Never had an issue where the AI bird wouldn't display.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

22 hours ago, Drumcode said:

I've cannibalized some textures from the World-of-AI packages, updated the models and I'm all set in v4. Never had an issue where the AI bird wouldn't display.

Ok, thanks. I'll give some a try. 

Why would people be going through all of the trouble (documented in my link) if it wasn't necessary. Is there some advanced nigh lighting feature that doesn't work if you don't 

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

And if you are savvy enough like myself and AIG guys you can download the Orbx FTX AI AU package.  This package has every GA model usable in P3D v4 so its just copy and paste

I assume that I need P3D v4 installed to be able to access this package? I have tried to add it to my account, but it is not visible when I load FTX Central v3.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 1/10/2018 at 2:54 PM, duckbilled said:

Why would people be going through all of the trouble (documented in my link) if it wasn't necessary. Is there some advanced nigh lighting feature that doesn't work if you don't 

He mentioned that he's updated the models is why they work in V4. You can too and your current paints will work for the majority of the models.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

On 1/14/2018 at 5:28 AM, Christopher Low said:

I assume that I need P3D v4 installed to be able to access this package? I have tried to add it to my account, but it is not visible when I load FTX Central v3.

I think Orbx had this package for both v3 and v4 but yes the one i'm talking about is under the P3D v4 part of Orbx under Oceana tab.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

You misunderstand me. It seems that the P3D v4 version will not be added to my ORBx Direct account until I have that version of P3D installed on my PC. I was hoping to be able to download the package in advance so that I am ready when I decide to upgrade (I am still using P3D v3 at the moment), but it seems that this is not possible.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

You misunderstand me. It seems that the P3D v4 version will not be added to my ORBx Direct account until I have that version of P3D installed on my PC. I was hoping to be able to download the package in advance so that I am ready when I decide to upgrade (I am still using P3D v3 at the moment), but it seems that this is not possible.

Yeah you'll have to wait then.  I could provide you the model folders you seek via Google Drive.  But whenever you get P3D v4 installed and then get the v4 selection in FTX Central it takes about 30 sec to download so not a process.  

All the Orbx folders have FTX in front of them so easy to distinguish.  Then its just copying the FSX model from say FTX BAE 146 folder to your other AI folder that needs the FSX model.  All done.  

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

On 7/20/2018 at 8:28 PM, VSP4264 said:

ORBX pack includes ERJ?

Not the 135-145's.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

On 1/8/2018 at 6:15 AM, Christopher Low said:

...and this is what annoys me about the freeware community. Why on Earth can't they just release the converted models with a credit for the original author? I mean, why are people even releasing stuff as freeware if they are then going to suddenly come out of hibernation years later, and start protesting that nobody asked them for permission?

As someone who is doing a 1998 retro project, tell me about it, brother. Lol. All I will say is I never expect AIM to allow their planes to be in P3Dv4. One of the AIM authors was part of my project until he saw I had a personal, not shared, P3Dv4 convert of his DC-10s and not only did he quit the project, but publicly blamed me and my project for being the last straw to make him quit FS.

2 hours ago, chasensfo said:

As someone who is doing a 1998 retro project, tell me about it, brother. Lol. All I will say is I never expect AIM to allow their planes to be in P3Dv4. One of the AIM authors was part of my project until he saw I had a personal, not shared, P3Dv4 convert of his DC-10s and not only did he quit the project, but publicly blamed me and my project for being the last straw to make him quit FS.

And a DC-10 AI model is exactly what is needed.

I've been forced to use an MD-11 in lieu of a DC-10 for my Fedex AI fleet.  It's "all right", but, you know...accuracy and all...

People get strange about things like that, but I never have understood it.  I for one, always let people mod some old scenery I made, if they want to.  Recently, I even sent a guy the gmax files of something I made *11* years ago.  I figure if I released it as freeware, they can do whatever freeware improvements they want to make to it, with maybe put in a nice note about the original author or something like that.   The only thing that would bother me, would be if they for example, used my textures or models in a commercial development.  That would be kind of un-cool, unless they wanted to help a brother out.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Yeah it would be nice if there was a statute of limitations on the release of freeware.   If you abandon your project, after 3 years or so, someone is then allowed to "enhance/fix/build on" said project.   

Raven AI are working on a CRJ200 so that will be taken care of but the ERJs I don't know.   By the time someone gets a model out, those aircraft will be phased out anyway so probably not worth the time or effort.  Same could probably be said for DC-10.  

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Some members of the freeware flightsim community can be extremely stubborn.....and this AIM ERJ/CRJ model fiasco is a classic example.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Folks,

LOL - I'm not the only one - been looking for good ERJ's for a while - the F1UT model is abysmal...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7