Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

P3Dv4 - AI ERJ’s ?

Hi Folks,

I’ve been working on my UTL install populating it with better aircraft - seems we lost the AI Malcontenet models to posterity - a shame for such fine models... Are there any other ERJ’s that work in v4... The UTL models are a tad weak...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Yep, the UTL ERJ models are weak!  Haven't found a decent ERJ-145. The RavenAI E170 and E175 models have been patched for P3dV4 and Juergen Baumbusch's fine repaints are available for these aircraft. The Alpha-India forums is a great source of info on P3dV4 compatible AI aircraft. The AIG CRJ-700 and 900 have been patched also. 

Regards,

Fred

Fred Ziker

i7-13700k, Gigabyte Aorus Master Z790, 32gb DDR5-6400, GeForce RTX3080Ti, Noctua NH-D15 Chromax CPU cooler, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD

Oh, dear.....not another range of AI models that does not work in P3D v4. One minute I am keen to upgrade, and the next I read about yet another incompatibility :sad:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the comments...

Yeah - added the CRJ7 last night replacing the United Express and American Eagle UTL versions converting some FS9 paints in the process... Much better... Just added Simbol’s “AI Lights Reborn” at the same time - WOW - greatly enhances the AI lighting - simple install - can’t recommend it enough... Now - if I could only find some improved sounds without having to spend another $80.00 to Flight1...

I need some modern UALX and AALX for the E170 and E190 - they have them for the E175 and E195 but they aren’t been ported yet and the paints aren’t interchangeable - lol - I tried...

Oh - also found a good AAL NC FS9 paint for the UTL AIA OC AAL 738W that stood out like a sore thumb... I think I’m going to add some late model USAir to the AAL schemes - poetic license - since it was my favorite airline and I sorely miss the scheme...

Hit Silver and Seaborn with the SAAB and Cape Air with a fleet of 402’s...

Replacing the entire BIZJET and GA fleet as well...

There is a process to convert models to P3Dv4 - I may have to give it a try myself on the AI Malcontent models... It appears a bit detailed and convoluted so it will take some work if wanted badly enough...

I think managing your AI can easily become a hobby within a hobby...

Chris - it’s not as bad as it seems - I was at KFLL for testing and UTL provides a full complement and plenty of variety... I had too many planes - I need to figure out how to enable parallel runway operations now as a single runway just can’t keep up...

Regards,

Scott

42 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Oh, dear.....not another range of AI models that does not work in P3D v4. One minute I am keen to upgrade, and the next I read about yet another incompatibility :sad:

1 hour ago, fzike said:

Yep, the UTL ERJ models are weak!  Haven't found a decent ERJ-145. The RavenAI E170 and E175 models have been patched for P3dV4 and Juergen Baumbusch's fine repaints are available for these aircraft. The Alpha-India forums is a great source of info on P3dV4 compatible AI aircraft. The AIG CRJ-700 and 900 have been patched also. 

Regards,

Fred

Hi Folks,

Where do I find the E175 model ?

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

2 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Where do I find the E175 model ?

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

The best place to look is on the AIG "Looking for an AI model?" page:

http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=23926.0

For P3d4, first install the FS9 version, then install the FSX update over the top. If the FSX model version is complete, then just install that one. Complete versions have an *.AIR file and a base copy of aircraft.cfg.

14 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The best place to look is on the AIG "Looking for an AI model?" page:

For P3d4, first install the FS9 version, then install the FSX update over the top. If the FSX model version is complete, then just install that one. Complete versions have an *.AIR file and a base copy of aircraft.cfg.

Thanks Jay...

I’ll take a gander...

Regards,

Scott

Unfortunately not having the AIM models in p3dv4 has left a big hole, no CRJ200’s either...

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the comments...

Yeah - added the CRJ7 last night replacing the United Express and American Eagle UTL versions converting some FS9 paints in the process... Much better... Just added Simbol’s “AI Lights Reborn” at the same time - WOW - greatly enhances the AI lighting - simple install - can’t recommend it enough... Now - if I could only find some improved sounds without having to spend another $80.00 to Flight1...

I need some modern UALX and AALX for the E170 and E190 - they have them for the E175 and E195 but they aren’t been ported yet and the paints aren’t interchangeable - lol - I tried...

Oh - also found a good AAL NC FS9 paint for the UTL AIA OC AAL 738W that stood out like a sore thumb... I think I’m going to add some late model USAir to the AAL schemes - poetic license - since it was my favorite airline and I sorely miss the scheme...

Hit Silver and Seaborn with the SAAB and Cape Air with a fleet of 402’s...

Replacing the entire BIZJET and GA fleet as well...

There is a process to convert models to P3Dv4 - I may have to give it a try myself on the AI Malcontent models... It appears a bit detailed and convoluted so it will take some work if wanted badly enough...

I think managing your AI can easily become a hobby within a hobby...

Chris - it’s not as bad as it seems - I was at KFLL for testing and UTL provides a full complement and plenty of variety... I had too many planes - I need to figure out how to enable parallel runway operations now as a single runway just can’t keep up...

Regards,

Scott

You asked for American 738's? https://kyles-ai-works.com/category/american/

How about some Embraers? https://kyles-ai-works.com/category/american-eagle/

https://kyles-ai-works.com/category/delta-connection/

https://kyles-ai-works.com/category/united-express/

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

The Raven embraers are visible in P3D v4, however, they aren't optimized for it, and they don't completely work. There is no gear visible, and most of the time, the tail isn't visible either. Hopefully, someone that knows how to optimize it for v4 will do that soon. 

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

2 hours ago, b757 said:

The Raven embraers are visible in P3D v4, however, they aren't optimized for it, and they don't completely work. There is no gear visible, and most of the time, the tail isn't visible either. Hopefully, someone that knows how to optimize it for v4 will do that soon. 

Seriously? The Raven Embraers have been P3d V4 compatible since June. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Unfortunately not having the AIM models in p3dv4 has left a big hole, no CRJ200’s either...

Let me guess.....someone has already done the conversion, but the original authors are unable to be contacted, so they can't release them :rolleyes:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

8 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Seriously? The Raven Embraers have been P3d V4 compatible since June. 

There is not a model that works in v4 that has been released yet. Read the last page on the link you posted. As of December, it has not been released yet. Only the FSX compiled one has. 

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

FSX compiled should work, as long as it’s not a MDL8 aircraft.  I have them working in my sim with landing gear.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Let me guess.....someone has already done the conversion, but the original authors are unable to be contacted, so they can't release them :rolleyes:

I’m sure someone has done them, but yes according to the AIG forums no one can track down the original author...really too bad.

Dave