OZqULSp.png

2mV3mqH.png

ax8uBpm.png

wfQqnwS.png

M9pU5lL.png

• Upvote 5

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Nice shots! i´m playing it on my PS4...shipping Palladium from D Bootis to near by systems.

Guest Mik75

What an addictive game! I’ve already played Elite on the C64, some 30 years ago. ;-) It‘s really easy to get immersed completely and forget about the time in ED Horizons! 

I picked this up cheap over Christmas, played it a little bit but I haven't really got hooked yet. Seems very well done, though.

Maybe 10 years from now we will have that kind of graphics on flight simulators. Ok, make it 20 years. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Chock - she's looking a little sour-faced. What did you do to upset her? :blink: :laugh:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Does this have to be multi-player or can you have a go on your own?

Mario Di Lauro

43 minutes ago, tamsini said:

Well, it's a huge galaxy, and even in (open) multiplayer, you'll rarely bump into an actual human unless you hang around in popular systems. When you do meet humans, you will find the full gamut of human behavior, from helpful, to utter and complete (place expletives here)

There is however the option to play in a private instance with nothing but NPC's present, or alternately, to play in multiplayer instances where they've pledged to allow no player vs player conflict, on pain of being banned and evicted from the server. The name of that server is "mobius" and you have to request permission to join, and wait for a mod to invite you.

https://elitepve.com/page/about

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

55 minutes ago, tamsini said:

You can do either, but to be honest it is kind of hard to tell the difference if you dont choose to interact with anyone. It isn't as if it is full of people being annoying, actually most people you chat to are pretty nice, although that of course doesn't mean they wouldn't  blast your word not allowed to pieces if you had a bounty on you lol, which is probably why you don't come across anyone being a dick, the game tends to regulate itself well in that regard because the ships are quite complex to operate with a lot of systems, so it isn't the kind of game you could play well by being a dick about it as the AI combat is quite tough as well.

It has two main play modes (open world and solo), solo is where you play it as a standalone game (but you do still need an internet connection to do that because the in game economy and content is updated constantly) the other - open world - is where you are online with everyone else who is online. So in one play mode you will meet and interact with only AI characters, the other is like that too (I.e. there are still lots of AI characters about), but also with other online players in the universe as well. So, you can do things like team up with friends or have a friend be a co pilot or a gunner in a turret etc if you play in the open world option.

Unlike a lot of online games however, your character can switch between both play modes, but what happens in your 'offline' solo play will be reflected in the open world online because the game saves to a server for both play modes. In other words, if your ship got blown up in online play, it would be gone permanently regardless of which mode you carried on in, so you can't 'have a do over' by loading up an old save game; if your ship was gone either in solo or open online play, then it is tough, that ship is gone. But that's not as bad as it sounds, you can kind of 'insure' your ship and all its equipment if it gets destroyed and rebuy all that you had previously possessed providing you have some in game credits, so your character doesn't 'die' even if you get 'shot down'.

It is a good fun game with lots of things to do, certainly worth a look if you like space which is simulated in a believably realistic fashion but in a fun way too. Not least because it has a realistically modelled Milky Way galaxy which has been speculatively populated based on reasonable and intelligent guesses, I.e. all the stars planets and such from our real galaxy are there, but with things such as Mars having been terraformed and many planets having orbital space stations as well as terrestrial bases. Thus stars which one could reasonably expect to have planets and moons and asteroid fields etc around, have speculatively had those added. The vast majority of those can be landed upon and explored too, this being for our entire galaxy, with everything having a believable ecosystem, so the game is literally massive in its scope and content, which is somewhat educational actually, but without being boringly nerdy.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Well, thank you, gentlemen. I've been looking for an open-world space exploration game. I just might have to give this one a try.

Mario Di Lauro

Great game Elite Dangerous, one of the best space simulations out there, and runs smoothly in VR! As a good learning curve, i have it but i dont play so often i prefer blue sky's :)

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync