Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

Daily news updates

Hello all,

Every day I check the sites of Fselite, Airdailyx, FlightdeckX and of course, AVSIM front page, for any news of the flight sim world. I find these an invaluable insight into new releases etc.

Lately though, I find very few updates on the AirdailyX site to the extent that I believe there is some justification to a name change to Air(almost weekly)X news. Now, I have to state that this is tongue in cheek stuff, but does anybody know what is going on there, and is there a reason for the inactivity?  It used to be such a good site for news on FSX and P3D releases and recently, actually acknowledged the existence of XPlane 11 with some news of their new releases, to become somewhat more rounded.

Regards

Tony

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

The owner of AirDailyX explained it in one of his posts a few months ago, and again recently. If I recall correctly, the company is transforming from a news page to a site that supports and invests in developers.

Peter

47 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

The owner of AirDailyX explained it in one of his posts a few months ago, and again recently. If I recall correctly, the company is transforming from a news page to a site that supports and invests in developers.

Peter

Is that what happend?

I thought, that D'Andre (who originally founded and ran the site) left if, in favor of a (an incredible) job opportunity. He brought in some full-time flightsim 'journalists', who's now moderating, writing and continuing the website.

I don't know how much (if at all) D'Andre is involved anymore...

My personal reflection; I think it's a real shame, what happend to AirDailyX. It used to be the no. 1 source for news. But now... Well, it's fallen behind - both with regards to news and and quality (in my opinion) is subpar, compared to when D'Andre was running it.

Damn, I miss that guy, and his enthusiasm.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I was a very regular visitor of airdailyx. Even a few times per day. But now I am visiting the site only a few times per week as it has become a really boring site. The articles getting less and less and many of them contain some sort of mistake. The news part will not get any better, even with the new design. BUT what's going on in the background and the POSCON network seems to be quite interesting.

For news, FSElite will be the number one source right now but lately it feels also more like advertising than actual news. And Freeware gets almost no attention, which was different with D'Andre also. I didn't agree with many of his opinions but at least he spoke his mind.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Hello again,

I think ... good news for D'andre followers. 

I believe I read a topic on that site stating that he was back.  I may be wrong.  I am not actually a fan of his but it was certainly a better site under his leadership. I guess time will tell.

I agree with David in that FSelite appears to be gaining ground and despite the advertising aspect, which I think is hard to deny, it at least, gives us some news and it covers all platforms. FlightDeckX on the other hand is unashamedly XPlane orientated and I think a "must visit" site for XPlaners.

Sadly it looks like just the two sites warrant a daily visit for the time being.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

8 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Sadly it looks like just the two sites warrant a daily visit for the time being.

Germans have flusinews.de, which are pretty up to date and also cover some news off the beaten track. Some things I read only there. Google is doing a pretty good job with translating whole webpages, so you might want to give it a try.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

3 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Hello again,

I think ... good news for D'andre followers. 

I believe I read a topic on that site stating that he was back.  I may be wrong.  I am not actually a fan of his but it was certainly a better site under his leadership. I guess time will tell.

I agree with David in that FSelite appears to be gaining ground and despite the advertising aspect, which I think is hard to deny, it at least, gives us some news and it covers all platforms. FlightDeckX on the other hand is unashamedly XPlane orientated and I think a "must visit" site for XPlaners.

Regards

Tony

Yes, it looks like d'Andre is being brought back in what I suspect is a last ditch attempt at resuscitating a dying website. In the past I used to look at it at least once a day but now I don't even look at it weekly. Also, in the past, there were always lots of comments made by readers on almost every news article but now there are almost no comments being left on anything suggesting a serious decline in website readership.

I too did not always agree with many of d'Andre's opinions but at least he brought the site to life by by offering his personal opinion on almost every item of news! Whether he will have the time to do the same now that he has what sounds like a time consuming busy job out in the real world is another issue and only time will tell whether Air Daily X is beyond recovery or not.

Bill

• Upvote 1

AirDailyX never caught my fancy and from visiting in the past, it seemed like a lot of comments were moderated heavily because the majority of them almost always fell in line with what D'Andre himself believed to be fact. That plus his sometimes arrogant attitude meant it quickly fell through the bookmark list on my browser as well as the group of friends I made through VATSIM and other simulation channels. 

If you're interested in just reading about the latest news and maybe even listening to what the authors of the website think about certain products, you should check out SkyLoungeTV. Their forum gets all the news pretty quickly and once a week, the guys running the site do a video called 'On Approach' reviewing all the news of that week on YouTube. These videos also feature the gentleman operating FSFX (creator of PrecipitFX, ChasePlane and numerous Immersion packages for add on aircraft). The best thing is that they go through news regarding all simulators so you get a large chunk of information in one place. 

D'Andre isn't everyone's cup of tea but he certainly grew on me.  His enthusiasm was second to none and he always gave you the sense that something great was going on somewhere.  I miss the site under his leadership too.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, krazyk said:

AirDailyX never caught my fancy and from visiting in the past, it seemed like a lot of comments were moderated heavily because the majority of them almost always fell in line with what D'Andre himself believed to be fact. That plus his sometimes arrogant attitude meant it quickly fell through the bookmark list on my browser as well as the group of friends I made through VATSIM and other simulation channels.

Fully agree.

FSElite is a much more neutral and really good substitute. To be honest, I'm not missing AirDailyX a bit.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT