Sign in to follow this  
Attilio

P3D v4 and PMDG

Soon I will have to upgrade to P3D v4 after years on FSX The 737-800 ngx is absolutely my favorite aircraft and also has the 2D panel. Because of the lack of 2D I could not take the fantastic 777 and 747. Now that you have announced the NG3 I would like to know whether to continue a bit more with the ngx on FSX and then to pass on P3D with the new NG3. But the NG3 (I hope it's the MAX) will have the 2D?

Unfortunately with the VC I just can not fly despite active camera.

There will be some 2d panels, I think, like the radio panel, lower pedestal, etc. I'd personally make the switch to P3D, due to its many advantages.

1 hour ago, Attilio said:

Main and overhead panel like ngx?

Doubtful since their newer products don't seem to have them. Could be wrong, though.

3 hours ago, Attilio said:

why?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Attilio said:

Ditto Marc....why??? No fancy addon cameras needed here.  I find it helps much to have a trackball instead of a mouse for pointing device, it is simply a matter of poking the space bar and then panning with the trackball and I can see 99% of everything I need to see from the Captain's chair.... no need to change views.  Just keep it simple.

• Upvote 2

Dan Downs KCRP

I programmed the space bar to a button on my mouse so I can just press that and move the mouse with one hand. Easy!

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Also FSUIPC has an option to simultaneously hold your middle mouse button down and enter pan view which is really handy (not sure if it's available in the unregistered version though).

Ryzen 9 3950X / RTX 2080 Ti / 32GB DDR4 (3200MHz @ 14-14-14-34)

Attilio,

I while ago I created quite an extensive EZDOK (v1, not v2) / ChasePlane package for all PMDG airliners, wich I gave the rather catchy name PMDG made EZ...

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/497544-pmdg-made-ez/?do=findComment&comment=3596778

See the entire post for all the needed info on this package (or read the included readme.txt)

I have even created "2D" overhead panels for the NGX and the 747 v3. And if you want to pan around, just assign a button combination of your choice for this and use your mouse as your eyes and the arrow keys as your feet (really great for doing a walkaround, for wich I also created a view) See the included  EZDOK - My Keys and Button Settings.jpg  file I included in the package to set up this function.

I use this package myself and most of the time I only use my keyboard and mouse while flying or walking around. The hatswitch on my joystick (MS SideWinder FFB2) I basically only use to enjoy the view while cruising along and for taxiing.

Maybe this will be of help for you?

:smile:

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

40 minutes ago, rheinis said:

Attilio,

Ho creato un pacchetto EZDOK (v1, not v2) / ChasePlane per tutti gli aerei di linea PMDG, che ho dato il nome piuttosto accattivante PMDG reso EZ ...

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/497544-pmdg-made-ez/?do=findComment&comment=3596778

Vedi l'intero post per tutte le informazioni necessarie su questo pacchetto (o leggi il readme.txt incluso)

Ho persino creato pannelli di testa "2D" per NGX e 747 v3. E se vuoi fare una panoramica, assegna una combinazione di tasti a tua scelta e usa il mouse come occhi e le frecce come i tuoi piedi (davvero fantastico per fare un walkaround, per il quale ho anche creato una vista) Vedi il incluso   EZDOK - Il mio   file Settings.jpg My Keys and Button è incluso nel pacchetto per configurare questa funzione.

Io uso questo pacchetto da solo e il più delle volte uso solo la mia tastiera e il mio mouse mentre voli o vado in giro. L'interruttore del mio joystick (MS SideWinder FFB2) in pratica utilizzo solo per godermi la vista mentre navighi e per il rullaggio.

Forse questo ti sarà d'aiuto?

:Sorriso:

You are very kind. The problem with VC is that I do not want to have gauges in perspective and above all smaller ones respect to 2D.
I hope PMDG does not continue this anti-2D policy

11 minutes ago, Attilio said:

I hope PMDG does not continue this anti-2D policy

The one we've had for a literal decade now?

I don't see it changing. The 777 didn't have it. The 747 doesn't have it. The DC-6 doesn't. There's no need for 2D.

Kyle Rodgers

7 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Quello che abbiamo avuto per un decennio letterale ora?

Non lo vedo cambiare. Il 777 non ce l'ha. Il 747 non ce l'ha. Il DC-6 non lo fa. Non c'è bisogno di 2D.

Exactly why I did not take 777 and 747. I am very disappointed but I can not use the VC.
For more people 2D is useless, for me it is essential.

14 minutes ago, Attilio said:

Exactly why I did not take 777 and 747. I am very disappointed but I can not use the VC.

Just curious. Is this pc specs related issue or something else?
I'm trying to understand the "essential" part.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

9 minutes ago, Attilio said:

...but why, though? That's the question. I'd argue that, for people who claim it's essential, it's more of a matter of refusing to get rid of all of the old crutches. It's refusing to accept that you're simulating flying through 3D space, by interacting with a space that should be just as 3D. The 2D was only really put into place because processors couldn't handle it back then, and they were very, very compromised versus what you'd actually be seeing.

Granted, if that's your preference I can't tell you that you should change. I'd strongly suggest taking a look at your reasoning, however.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Having been utilizing flight sim since the very first version, I too was initially disappointed when 2D panels went away, but I adjusted accordingly, and found that if you want a 2D like view, simply scroll the cockpit view to something like "40" utilizing the mouse.  I get personal 3D enjoyment from being able to use the mouse to look down from my PMDG 777 seat at the pedestal and adjust radios or turn on WX radar. It provides me a real sense of being in a cockpit, and not just a 2D image in my face. Kyle is correct, we yearn for a true 3D feel in scenery, airports and exterior depictions of the engine, landing gear, etc, why not "merge" into a 3D cockpit too.

Robert Marton