Sign in to follow this  
ibelarry

Water Texture Anomalies in P3dv4.1

Recently reinstalled P3Dv4.1 with FTX Global/Vector and several FTX Regions among them PNW and NCA.  However I noticed that  square darker water textures seem to bleed through in large bodies of water.  I tried using REX HD Direct and ENVTEX water textures to cover this up.  Alas no joy!  Initially I thought it might be a tile morphing issue so I deleted my terrain cfg  and went through the prescribed steps with both the simulator and FTX Central and Vector.  Again no joy!  Not sure what is causing this.  Scenery library is in the correct order for both FTX and Vector.  Any help appreciated!  Thanks!

Pics, we love pics :gaul:

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Let me guess, it's not happening with any default shorelines or sceneries?

Hans

Ibelarry,

I couldnt get your link to work. Can you try again?

Thanks so much

Rob

Fixed it.  Ran a restore of REX backup to default then applied ENVTEX photo-real water textures which look better than default and REX.  Not sure what actually fixed it...textures must have gotten stuck somehow in the transitions.

10 hours ago, ibelarry said:

Recently reinstalled P3Dv4.1 with FTX Global/Vector and several FTX Regions among them PNW and NCA.  However I noticed that  square darker water textures seem to bleed through in large bodies of water.  I tried using REX HD Direct and ENVTEX water textures to cover this up.  Alas no joy!  Initially I thought it might be a tile morphing issue so I deleted my terrain cfg  and went through the prescribed steps with both the simulator and FTX Central and Vector.  Again no joy!  Not sure what is causing this.  Scenery library is in the correct order for both FTX and Vector.  Any help appreciated!  Thanks!

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/469284-parts-of-water-are-black/

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX