Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

Study Level Aircraft Addons for P3Dv4

For me "study level sim" doesn't necessarily mean that the aircraft has to model other than normal operations to qualify but rather the level of detail the developers captured in their quest  to be as accurate in their aircraft model's behavior as the real aircraft. This applies to all aspects i.e., visual, aural, systems, flight, ground, etc, etc... and then some aspects that don't apply to their RW counterpart like in-sim performance (no sense purchasing a 10 frames/sec stuttering slide show), integration with other 3rd party applications etc.

Your mileage will obviously vary

• Like 1

On 3/31/2018 at 3:01 PM, JLuis said:

Xtreme Prototypes Classic GLJ Model Special Edition V2.1 Learjet 25D https://xtremeprototypes.com/en/product_GLJ25_se_v2r1.asp

Lol definitely not "as real as it gets" though, FSW LJ35 would get that award, the 25 might be prettier, but systems wise doesn't match the 35....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

1 hour ago, Gazzareth said:

Lol definitely not "as real as it gets" though, FSW LJ35 would get that award, the 25 might be prettier, but systems wise doesn't match the 35....

G

Some would disagree with the pedestal others put the FSW Lear 35 on.

Edited by odourboy

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

4 hours ago, KrisJ said:

Adding to the list:

Project Tupolev Tu-154b-2

Not intended for 64 bit

2 hours ago, odourboy said:

Some would disagree with the pedestal others put the FSW Lear 35 on.

I don't put it on a pedestal, resisted buying it for years. However, the Flysimware bird gets details like the fuel system (as does Lionheart's 24b) and Autopilot correct unlike the XP Lear.....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

20 hours ago, cptrobie said:

For me "study level sim" doesn't necessarily mean that the aircraft has to model other than normal operations to qualify but rather the level of detail the developers captured in their quest  to be as accurate in their aircraft model's behavior as the real aircraft. This applies to all aspects i.e., visual, aural, systems, flight, ground, etc, etc... and then some aspects that don't apply to their RW counterpart like in-sim performance (no sense purchasing a 10 frames/sec stuttering slide show), integration with other 3rd party applications etc.

Your mileage will obviously vary

Fully agree.

If i can follow all RW normal procedures by the book, and fly it by the numbers (takeoff, climb, cruise, descent and landing performance) then it is a study level experiance. I study the books and charts and replicate it fully in the sim. I can tell you i have heavily upgraded JF Dc-10 HD with FDE that reflects the charts with 95% accuracy, CIVA INS acting like in the RW manual, and i can „click” almost every switch i should click in RW Dc-10. Each flight is close as it could be to RW operations. The fact that i dont have Failures modeng thus cannot replicate abnormal procuders fully doest mean i dont have study level experiance in normal flight. 

None of us will call JF Dc-10 HD a study level sim, but it can be used for study level experiance (not stock version, the modded one). The „study level” term means different thing for each of us probably.

6 hours ago, KrisJ said:

Fully agree.

If i can follow all RW normal procedures by the book, and fly it by the numbers (takeoff, climb, cruise, descent and landing performance) then it is a study level experiance. I study the books and charts and replicate it fully in the sim. I can tell you i have heavily upgraded JF Dc-10 HD with FDE that reflects the charts with 95% accuracy, CIVA INS acting like in the RW manual, and i can „click” almost every switch i should click in RW Dc-10. Each flight is close as it could be to RW operations. The fact that i dont have Failures modeng thus cannot replicate abnormal procuders fully doest mean i dont have study level experiance in normal flight. 

None of us will call JF Dc-10 HD a study level sim, but it can be used for study level experiance (not stock version, the modded one). The „study level” term means different thing for each of us probably.

Kris you are the person in the JF forums that I corresponded with some time ago re: the DC-10.  I think you and I both have that aircraft about as well-modded as can be in 64-bit P3D.  Incidentally (off topic), what FDE are you using for the DC-10 (-10 or -30)?  It might be what I use already, but want to check.

I do agree with that definition of "study level", such as it is.  I never really liked the term "study level" anyway, and I hope it goes away.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

For Dc-10-30 i am using FSX SGA .air file as well as most of the entries from their .cfg.

The SGA FDE was built in cooperation with RW Dc-10 pilots. One of them was quite active in this forum and provided me a lot of insight into reading the charts and planning takeoff, climb and landing based on it. I can tell you the plane behaves exactly as he described. Also in terms of 2 engine taxi.

For Dc-10-10 i am using cls stock FDE but...  it happens to be quite good (the stock -30 fde is really bed). I mean good against the -10 performance planning charts. Which are actualy very different form -30 charts both in terms of numbers as well as calculation methotds.

The A2A Bonanza V35 was missed.

What about the A2A Strat?

B-17

Commanche 250

All A2A addons are Study level.

It's kind of their nitch.