Sign in to follow this  
hvw

P3D v4.2 looping in loading terrain data

After having uninstalled v4.1's client, content and scenery I installed the equivalents for P3D version 4.2. The install was successfully, but after I fired up P3Dv4.2 the simulator kept looping in loading terrain data and could not be interrupted. Any hints to what might be causing this and/or how to resolve this issue?

Thanks

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Don't know but first  thing I would try is to uninstall/reinstall again and see if it repeats. Also, possibly an addon not yet compat with 4.2?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Did that, Vic. The only addon I am using is FSUIPC, latest version, and according to Pete this version should be compatible with P3Dv4.2.  Going back to P3dV4.1 for the time being, Later tonight I will try a complete uninstall (not only client, content, scenery) and give it a go again.

Thanks,

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

24 minutes ago, hvw said:

After having uninstalled v4.1's client, content and scenery I installed the equivalents for P3D version 4.2. The install was successfully, but after I fired up P3Dv4.2 the simulator kept looping in loading terrain data and could not be interrupted. Any hints to what might be causing this and/or how to resolve this issue?

Thanks

Hans

Can you give a more precise procedure as to how you updated? Did you re-install one by one? Did you download the cab files that go with content? Poppet has a procedure somewhere on the forums as to how to update correctly..

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

4 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

Can you give a more precise procedure as to how you updated? Did you re-install one by one? Did you download the cab files that go with content? Poppet has a procedure somewhere on the forums as to how to update correctly..

Did it all by the book :) I uninstalled scenery, then content and then client. After that I installed client, then content and finally scenery. I downloaded the entire new version 4.2, unzipped it into a folder of its own, and from inside that folder I did the installs. I used to do my updates like this ever since I have P3D, as of version 2.0, and this used to work flawlessly. Up To now :)

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

9 minutes ago, hvw said:

Did it all by the book :) I uninstalled scenery, then content and then client. After that I installed client, then content and finally scenery. I downloaded the entire new version 4.2, unzipped it into a folder of its own, and from inside that folder I did the installs. I used to do my updates like this ever since I have P3D, as of version 2.0, and this used to work flawlessly. Up To now :)

And you threw in a complete system shutdown and reboot as well?   I've had items hang on updates until a fresh, complete shutdown and restart fixed 'em.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 minute ago, Steve Dra said:

And you threw in a complete system shutdown and reboot as well?   I've had items hang on updates until a fresh, complete shutdown and restart fixed 'em.

Yes, uninstall client, shutdown, restart. Re-install client, shutdown, restart. Run P3D...then repeat for the other optional modules...don't forget to delete shaders and P3d.cfg after the update...

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

6 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

Yes, uninstall client, shutdown, restart. Re-install client, shutdown, restart. Run P3D...then repeat for the other optional modules...don't forget to delete shaders and P3d.cfg after the update...

Ahhh....out of ideas then Pete. :blush:  I was hoping in you're excitement you forgot that small step and I would be your hero! :laugh:

Only other thing I did not see you mention is if your Anti Virus software was disabled during the install?  It can isolate critical files without the courtesy of telling you sometimes because some of them can be that invasive...ugh.

I think this post is going to break Avsim.  Its been slow as heck (again) recently and this post takes forever to update on a dedicated fiber line!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

6 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

I will give it another try later today with a complete/full uninstall and reinstall uting setup.exe.

Thanks

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Have/had the same issue. 3 sec delays/pauses. Only resolve is to disable FSUIPC 5.123a. module

15 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Have/had the same issue. 3 sec delays/pauses. Only resolve is to disable FSUIPC 5.123a. module

It's not rocket science, clearly Pete Dowson has an issue with what he thought was a stable fsuipc for version 4.2. Apparently not. He's on vacation so we're stuck until he gets back. Glad I didn't update.

Eric 

Oh how the history likes to repeat itself :/

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

44 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

This hobby isn't for the faint of heart. I don't even dare to advice someone to get into flightsimming. (Unless he or she would be satisfied with Aerofly FS 2.) It seems impossible to get into all this if you are completely new to it.

Have you guys tried the workaround suggested by the FS Global Real Weather devs?

The current FSUIPC 5.123 has a bug, which may make Prepar 4.2 stutter, hang or even crash. 5.122a however does work. Unfortunately there is no setup for this version.

The specific version mentioned is available for download on the page below and must be installed manually:

http://www.fly2pilots.com/Cms/Ui/Pages/Products/MainPage.aspx?id=253b8b5c-0a91-4935-8d01-b3c70aee6034&pageid=b769000e-6101-4815-9eea-b19eeedde129

55 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

You need 5.123C ;-) or temporary 5.122A?

• Upvote 1

André