Sign in to follow this  
drdickie

P3D 4.2 and 747 loading problem

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

I only use Remote CDU and LINDA

Try it without these, please.

11 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

as far as I can see they are well aware of the issues so I guess I should be patient

We were aware of an issue that we could help alleviate. The issue - then and now - is something LM will have to address.

Kyle Rodgers

29 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Try it without these, please.

I will but I need/will use those regardless so the default aircraft load first will need to be used whether it works or not. 

Eric 

29 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I will but I need/will use those regardless so the default aircraft load first will need to be used whether it works or not. 

Right, but I asked to see if we could pin it to the connection there. Remote CDU interacts with our aircraft. If there's an issue there causing our aircraft to CTD because of something going on between an unsupported 3rd party program, it would be nice to know.

Kyle Rodgers

13 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Right, but I asked to see if we could pin it to the connection there. Remote CDU interacts with our aircraft. If there's an issue there causing our aircraft to CTD because of something going on between an unsupported 3rd party program, it would be nice to know.

Copy that. I can't try it until tomorrow morning Eastern Time. Will report back when I do. By chance do you know if simply not starting Simserver for Remote CDU is sufficient or does it add/modify anything from PMDG?

Eric 

49 minutes ago, B777ER said:

By chance do you know if simply not starting Simserver for Remote CDU is sufficient or does it add/modify anything from PMDG?

No idea. I don't use it.

Kyle Rodgers

4 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

No idea. I don't use it.

Broke away from a get together at the house (wife almost didn't catch me, possibly in the dog house, will need to provide her more wine) and was able to test. No difference without Remote CDU.  Still getting same CTD as above. 

Eric 

6 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Broke away from a get together at the house (wife almost didn't catch me, possibly in the dog house, will need to provide her more wine) and was able to test. No difference without Remote CDU.  Still getting same CTD as above. 

Interesting.

Start > type "View All Problem" and select "View All Problem Reports." Find P3D in the list. Find the latest crash report. Copy and paste here.

So far, we have a handful of similar reports. The only commonality is FSUIPC, and the 744.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi

I have a similar problem as well, once the count down goes to 6 or less CTD, frustrating.

David

Hi

By loading the sim(P3D) by default aircraft and then switching it to 747 was no issues.

I thought I share this.

David

2 hours ago, davjg said:

Hi

I have a similar problem as well, once the count down goes to 6 or less CTD, frustrating.

David

Are you running active sky in the  background when it crashes?

7 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

We were aware of an issue that we could help alleviate. The issue - then and now - is something LM will have to address.

Basically what are you saying this would LM problem? No issues with NGX and 777....

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

2 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Basically what are you saying this would LM problem? No issues with NGX and 777....

When you're sim crashes with the 747 are you running active sky in the background?

Well I have done several tests on my set up and when I start active sky and then start p3d choose the 747 in the scenerio screen, wait for everything to load and then I see the 747 initializing and bam it crashes. But if I just start p3d by it self it no crash.

Well, as far as I can see there are few of us having same issue...will wait to see next move...

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic