Sign in to follow this  
gypsyczar

PFPX MD82 Route Export

I see that PFPX has some FMS route formats (Leonardo SH MD82 2008/2010 P3D) available.  Do these work for import into the FMS or is some other format required?

Thanks!

Parker Freeman - KTPA
i7 8700k@4.8, Asus Maximus X, Nvidia 1080TI, Win 10 , Saitek X65

The route export in PFPX has a glitch and routes are saved truncated. We raised the issue on the PFPX forum and we hope they'll fix it.
As of now the best thing you can do is, after inserting a route and activating it, go to INIT REF/INDEX/MAINT and save your recurrent routes.

Please feel free to support our request with PFPX team

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

As an alternative, does simbrief support this aircraft?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Good luck with pfpx.  It' been a couple months since the author posted last. I've switched to simbrief. Most of the same features and it is free. If they don' have an export for it yet, give them a few days.  Very responsive developer.

• Upvote 1

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

My thoughts exactly.  pfpx seems to be a dead product unfortunately, simbrief is the more likely avenue 

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

As Topcat, same developper. I bought Topcat and PFPX day one. I use more PFPX than Topcat (Because no more evolution) but I'll have a look to Simbrief.

It's a shame for an author to disappear like he does. May be Aerosoft can and will do something ?

Edited by PhilippeMendes

I personnaly don't want to use a payware solution when I can code my own solution. On my website (external link) I produce P3D XML flight plans from validated routes (external link) which can be imported in the Maddog Manager very well so far. Of course it's not as "pro" as PFPX appears to be, but as the designer of my own-tailored flight preparation flow, it suits me well... ;-)

All the best captains

Simbrief now has an export option available for the Maddog.  I used it tonight, no issues.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Regis9,

Where do you place the Simbrief file, and can you load it directly in to the FMS as a company route?

On 23/02/2018 at 1:11 AM, daguerreotype said:

I personnaly don't want to use a payware solution when I can code my own solution. On my website (external link) I produce P3D XML flight plans from validated routes (external link) which can be imported in the Maddog Manager very well so far. Of course it's not as "pro" as PFPX appears to be, but as the designer of my own-tailored flight preparation flow, it suits me well... ;-)

All the best captains

On my own website I from now on produce .mdr files as well.

you'll save the simbrif .mdr file at <your documents>\Maddog X Files\Routes.

then open the load mgr and load the flight to load fuel, etc.  

4 hours ago, lgabriel said:

Regis9,

Where do you place the Simbrief file, and can you load it directly in to the FMS as a company route?

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Yes and then you can enter the file name in the company route section of the route page on the FMS.

Dave

On 2/23/2018 at 8:20 PM, regis9 said:

Simbrief now has an export option available for the Maddog.  I used it tonight, no issues.

It's actually been there for several years. It's exactly the same as the former Maddog (no changes).

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.